|Location||Ashbourne, Derbyshire||Job Type||Temporary|
|Salary||£11.00 - £15.00 per hour||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Weekend & Evening Sous Chef x4 - Ashbourne
Job title: Weekend & Evening chef
Location: Ashbourne DE6
Contract type: Ongoing Temporary - chance to turn permanent after successful period
Hourly rate/Salary: £11.00-15.00 per hour
Part time - this will be suitable for any chefs looking to pick extra hours around their current job or commitments
Full time- this would be suitable for any chefs looking for full time work with the option of flexible work too.
Are you are looking to gain some extra hours, and even better flexible hours? Are you looking for work that can offer some fantastic working environments, with some amazing companies & teams, or maybe you're looking to gain experience in different environments, or even looking for permanent work. Then we would love to speak with you.
We are currently looking to add to our fantastic team of Weekend and Evening chefs here at Blue Arrow Derby, you are predominantly supporting our clients within Derby and Derbyshire areas, with all sickness and holiday cover. Our newest role involves working for a contract catering company based in Ashbourne.
* The role as chef starts ASAP
* Only day shifts on the weekends, no nights or evenings on the weekend.
* Weekends are working 8am till 3pm evenings are working 5pm till 11pm
* You choose your contract term as this is flexible
* You choose your own hours and days of work
* You choose your shift patterns
* You choose your rota
* You choose to have a work/life balance
* This is perfect for you if you are looking for extra hours around current jobs or commitments.
Key responsibilities include:
* You will be cooking for a small to large numbers
* Working in a contract catering environment
* You will be working alone within the environment
* Supervising and managing kitchens and brigades
* Some menu planning may be required
* Ordering and managing stock control
* Operating the till and serving customers
* Following menu instructions in some locations
These responsibilities as a chef will ensure that you provide a fantastic service and contribute towards the business and the service. You will make a difference each and every day by doing what you do best and offering a great standard of food and service to the customers.
* You will have extraordinary attention to detail
* You will have knowledge of stock management
* You will enjoy working with different people
* Ability to operate the tills on site and able to mulitask
* You will have the skills to manage small teams
* You will be able to work under pressure
* You will enjoy being flexible and managing your own diary
* You will be qualified within professional cookery to City & Guilds 706/1, 706/2 or equivalent
* You will have at least 2 years background working as a chef
* You will be Senior Chef De Partie level or above
* You will have your own chef whites and knives
* You will work the hours and days you choose
* You will earn fantastic rates of pay
* Part time hours to suit all needs and commitments
* Accrue holiday pay to be able to take a break throughout the year
* Enrolled in a company pension scheme
* Be able to manage your diary through our company app and online portal
* Whilst these roles are flexible and ongoing, they could lead to a permanent role in the future
* You will be paid on a weekly basis
* Being able to drive and have your own transport is an advantage but not essential
* There are plenty of great transport routes available
Recruitment checks for this role:
* Employment referencing with no gaps for at least 2 years
* Food hygiene at level 2 or above dated within the last 3 years.
* DBS, criminal record check may be required for certain sites
* Proof of right to work in the UK and National Insurance details required
Click apply today. Or give us a call at our office and ask for Nikita we would love to help. We can't wait to speak with you, and we can offer roles immediately.