We are HIRING a LEAD NURSE
- Job Reference: 00046201-1
- Date Posted: 24 December 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £34,000 to £38,000
- Job Type: Permanent
Our Client has been focused on providing the best care for its clients since 1991. Bringing together a pharmacy, clinic, and a well-tested range of travel kit, they have created an unmatched one-stop service for travellers. They are passionate about travel and invested in getting our clients ready for their trips; whether that’s a trek in Nepal, a relaxed break in the Caribbean, charity workers off to natural disasters, film crews making documentaries in the jungle, or an around the world backpacking trip.
The coronavirus pandemic has clearly changed the shape of travel for some time to come. As well as providing vaccinations and travel medication our client now offers a range of Covid-19 tests and certificates. They continue to provide doctor screening medicals, accounts client management, and a range of psychosocial and occupational health services.
The client Travel Health Nurses provide in-clinic and remote consultations to a wide range of clients. You will perform high-quality risk assessments and administer vaccines and medication under Patient Group Directions. As a Lead Nurse you will manage a small team and be responsible for rotas, absence management, training and mentoring. You will be provided with a comprehensive learning and development pathway for both yourself and your team to help shape and direct your career at the organization. As you and your team develop, we reward each step using a clear corresponding pay progression system. You have an exciting opportunity to innovate and diversify at your location and will be supported by a team comprising some of the leading academics and physicians in travel health.
Although desirable, previous travel health experience is not essential. You will receive comprehensive training and we will work with you to develop your career in this ever-changing and exciting area of medicine. All our sites are Covid-19 secure.
We are looking for Lead Nurses for a number of locations across London
All applicants must be;
* Currently registered with the NMC.
* At least 2 years experience at Band 5 or equivalent in a high paced environment
* Experienced in mentoring and/or leading a small team
* Able to problem solve on their feet
* A good communicator across a multidisciplinary team
* Experienced in rotas, absence management
* Experienced in venepuncture – desirable but not essential as all nurses starting with Nomad will be given venepuncture training if needed.
* Interested in travel health. Personal experience of travel would be highly beneficial.
* Able to manage and prioritise in the clinic, always putting the client first.
* Available Monday to Saturday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £34,500.00 per year