Water Technician - South Wales
|Job Title:||Water Technician - South Wales|
|Salary:||£17000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-04-08 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Adnan Sethi|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2019 17:06|
We are currently looking to recruit a Water Services Technician to carry out a range of monitoring, one-off remedial cleaning, chemical testing and minor plumbing electro/mechanical tasks to meet clients' agreed requirements with regard to the Legionella control programme as set out in the Water Technical Manual.
Reporting to the Service Manager, this is a mobile, field-based position.
£17,000 + company benefits + company van + overtime.
• To carry out routine monitoring tasks in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8.
• Carry out work in line with the Water Technical Manuals guidance to safe systems of works.
• To be an ambassador for the Company whilst visiting customers sites.
• Maintain customer's water safe log books in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8 and company guidelines.
• To take a variety of Water samples from multiple sector properties and document these samples in line with the Water Technical Manual guidance.
• Complete and submit all documentation relating to the work carried out in a timely manner and produce documentation and follow the progress of any paperwork regarding customer queries.
• Carry out water system clean and disinfections in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L8 with guidance for the Water Technical Manual.
• Testing, servicing and maintaining of thermostatic mixing valves.
• Simple remedial plumbing tasks.
• Analysis, testing and dosing of closed system heating and chilled water.
• Analysis testing and checking of Chlorine dioxide systems and equipment.
• Installation and repair of our supplied equipment.
• Comply with time allocations for specified work.
• To communicate on a daily basis to the service department that all tasks are carried out efficiently.
• Maintain adequate stock levels of chemicals on customer's sites and adequate levels of chemicals and materials in your vehicle to carry out your work for the time planned.
• Ensure all expenditure has the prior of approval of the Line Manager.
• To maintain plant and equipment on customers site.
• Comply with special instructions laid down for certain customers that appear on route prints or job cards.
• Carry out a daily vehicle report and report any damage to your line manager. Follow the correct maintenance, driving and safety guidelines as detailed in the Drivers Handbook.
• Ensure that any equipment for which you are responsible (e.g. Tablet computers, destiny pens) is kept clean and is properly maintained.
• You will be required to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
• You have a personal responsibility for your own health and safety and that of other people affected by the work you do.
• Report any potential hazards arising from your work to your Line Manager. Report all accidents, incidents or near-miss incidents to your Line Manager and also via the accident reporting system.
• Follow the requirements of all safe working procedures.
• Wear all PPE correctly, as per company issued requirements and site-specific requirements.
Knowledge skills & experience
• A technical background relating to plumbing.
• Previous experience within Compliance Servicing, Legionella Monitoring or Water Treatment is desirable.
• Understanding of Water Systems would be desirable.
• Basic IT skills, preferably with Microsoft package.
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills.
• The ability to work under pressure, being able to manage and work to deadlines.
• Understands the importance of, and can demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
• Be a strong Team Player.
• Experience in an analytical role is desirable but not essential.
For further information please contact Adnan Sethi on 0121 450 5000 or email email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's