Water Rescue Trainer - (Associate Contract)Location:
£25.77 per hourRole Type:
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Water Trainer at our Beckton site.The role
As a Water Rescue Trainer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Delivering Water Rescue and Powerboat training to London Fire Brigade personnel to ensure they are operationally prepared for water and marine incidents in and around London and nationally. Also, supporting the design of new training packages, ensuring that they meet the needs of the client
Day to day, you'll ensure the effective delivery of Water Rescue Training, training emergency services personnel to the DEFRA Module 3 standard and Powerboat training (RYA Level 2 and Search and Rescue) on 5m Inflatable rescue boats.
Essential experience of the Water Rescue Trainer,
- Assessing learner performance, recording results and providing feedback and action plans
- Managing physical training resources including venues, vehicles and equipment, ensuring their security, and suitability for use.
- Provide subject matter expertise with regard to future development of water rescue and marine training for emergency services.
Qualifications for the Water Rescue Trainer,
- Experience delivering water rescue courses to DEFRA Module 3 standard or above
- Experience operating on the River Thames or a similar environment delivering a search and rescue response
- Advanced First Aid
- DEFRA Module 3 Water Rescue Instructor
- PTTLS, AET or equivalent teaching qualification
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 10/07/23Closing date: 10/07/2023Job Segment:
CSR, Training, Architecture, Curriculum, Management, Education, Engineering