|Salary||£18700 - £23000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
This a vital customer coordination role working within a team responsible for ensuring that Water Regulations inspections are carried out in accordance with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) regulations 1999 and the Water Industry Act 1991.
- You will be responsible for arranging water regulations inspections as a result of water quality failures, inspections of existing commercial premises, new commercial and domestic dwellings, as well as arranging audits of members of our approved plumber scheme and other ad hoc inspection visits.
- You will be expected to process and create inspection reports within required time frames, as well as support the department with the maintenance of various registers including the Thames Water Approved Plumber Scheme.
- The successful candidate will be required to support the Customer Driven Lead Communication Pipe replacement programme, maintaining and updating records on both Excel and CRM (Customer Relationship Management), monitoring and driving performance of internal stakeholders to achieve programme/target, responding to customer complaints within set deadlines, this includes both on the telephone and in writing. Arranging samples and network operations as required as well as maintaining customer contact records to DWI auditable standard.
- The role requires someone with the ability to deliver a high level of customer service, ensuring the customer journey is a positive experience, whilst balancing the requirements of a regularity activity.
- The work carried out by the Water Regulations department involves ensuring customers understand their responsibilities under the Water Regulations as well as handling a wide variety of enquiries from both external and internal customers. Therefore someone with the skills and experience to problem solve and manage customer expectations is a must!
- This is primarily an office based role; however the successful candidate will be expected to travel to various Thames Water sites for meetings/training and on occasion travel to customers’ premises with Water Regulation inspectors, however the job is mainly office based.
We are looking for someone who is quality driven and has a keen eye for detail. Ideally we are looking for someone A-Level or degree educated. Computer literacy is essential along with good organisational skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities at short notice. Proven customer service delivery is essential and someone who is confident and possesses the drive to live the vision and values of our business.
The Water Regulations coordinator will be expected to use various databases, including access based systems, SAP, CRM, bespoke business systems and Microsoft offices programmes. Ideally we are also looking for someone with experience of CRM and SAP or similar systems. Excel to at least intermediate level is essential and due to the nature of the role a driving license is required as travel to other sites is required.
What’s in it for you:
This is a varied role that requires the successful candidate to carry out a range of duties. The role requires you to work closely with a team of Water Regulations Inspectors and other colleagues to deliver the Thames Water, Water Regulations enforcement policy through a Water Regulations inspection and audit programme throughout our clean water network, allowing you to gain an excellent understanding of water regulations.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times. We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.