|Salary||£52000 - £68000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
As the Water Infrastructure Project Definition Manager, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of project briefs for the Water Infrastructure Quadrant of AMP7 capital delivery. Managing a team of Definition Engineers who are responsible for the preparation and writing of briefs for Gateway 1 and Capital Delivery, you will work closely with the Water System Planning Managers to ensure briefs are submitted in a timely manner and the system requirements and milestones are understood.
Briefs are written taking the ‘need’ as defined by the system planners and will be produced in accordance with the agreed delivery route which comply with our Asset and Maintenance Standards.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Manage the production of Project Briefs in accordance with the need for Gateway 1 approval.
- Understand the delivery runways and how that affects the information requirements in the brief.
- Ensure project briefs meet the ‘need’ as stated by the System Planning teams.
- Confirm that Gateway 2 paperwork meets the requirements of the project brief approved at Gateway 1.
- Working with other departments within Thames Water, utilise the technical expertise within the team to both maintain and enhance business processes (e.g. Company Standards and Training) as well as assisting with event management where appropriate.
- Work in a matrixed approach with technical skills to deliver the required input.
- Drive a culture of safety and performance management across all teams.
- An established and credible leader with the drive and energy to deliver.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Chartership through a relevant awarding body (or working toward).
- Robust experience in people management and leadership.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills both written and verbal.
- Significant experience in Water Infrastructure.
- Significantly competent with the use of complex IT systems and standard office software, including SAP.
This is a unique leadership role and there is no other like it within the Thames Water business. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the delivery of project briefs within Asset Management for the Water Infrastructure Quadrant of AMP7 capital delivery and really make a positive impact.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.