Hello and nice to meet you; we're Digi2al. We solve complex problems with people, technology and an agile and user-centred approach. We’ve been helping solve problems across the UK government and defence space for 8 years and we’re proud of the culture we’ve developed and the work we’ve done. We are looking for exceptional Watchkeepers to come and join our family.
This prestigious role gives you the opportunity to help deliver a fully managed Operations Room service for a dynamic Royal Navy Operations Room, based in Portsmouth, United Kingdom.
The roles are based on site at a Military establishment and will require shift work in order to maintain a 24/7/365 capability for the Royal Navy.
As an experienced Operations Room watch keeper, you will be part of a dynamic team, providing the management and oversight of a 24/7/365 service to monitor, coordinate and manage the flow of maritime 'White Shipping' information around the world.
The day to day tasks will be natural to you; drawing on your previous watchkeeping experience to:
- ●Engage with senior Royal Navy stakeholders
- ●Proactively manage the flow of information
- ●Provide risk management of incidents
- ●Handle routine and emergency calls
- ●Log and report incidents
- ●Provide communications functions through email/telephone
- ●Work cross agency with UK Defence and Government departments
- ●Liaise with International partners
As a Digi2al watchkeeper you will ideally:
- ●Hold a valid MOD SC security clearance or be content to undergo Security Clearance to SC level.
- ●Possess former Military, Merchant Navy or Maritime and Coastguard Agency experience (Desirable, not essential)
- ●Possess ‘White Shipping’ subject matter expertise (Desirable, not essential)
You will be comfortable with:
- ●Call Handling
- ●Providing Emergency Response
- ●Helpdesk manning
- ●Data Input for situational awareness
- ●Utilising excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ●Ability to act calmly under pressure
- ●Able to create and follow processes
- ●Be computer literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- ●Have experience of working 24/7/365 on shift rotations
- ●Be comfortable working daylight and unsociable hours
- ●Be fully compliant with HMG Information Assurance and Information Security regulations
For you; working on site in Portsmouth; conducting various shift patterns to cover a 24/7/365 service for the Royal Navy will not be an issue and you will be comfortable with working a mixture of day and night shifts; including weekends and public holidays to support the successful Operations Room service.
- ●£27K - £45K per annum dependant on experience and role
- ●Base location is in the Portsmouth area
- ●Start date - 1st of April 2021
Give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
All applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.