* To supervise and act as a direct report to Amcor Management team, also to manage and oversee a team of 5 Waste Operatives and a day shift team leader- ensuring daily tasks are executed effectively and corrected when required.
* Specific training will be given to enable the Supervisor to train the Waste Operatives and Team Leader to carry out checks etc on the Baler/Compactors/ Fork Lift trucks etc.
* Supervise waste operations & waste operatives to ensure that they carry out tasks in accordance with Engie and Amcor operational procedures and policies.
* Maintain site records, re ordering containers etc. receiving deliveries and collection of skips/trailers/ containers which must be loaded logically and safely, strictly adhering to and enforcing health and safety rules.
* Carry out some administrative duties using site computer to communicate with Amcor waste management team/contractors/suppliers via phone and e-mail.
* Maintain and continually review all processes and systems currently in place and to assist with any proposals for improvements required.
* Deal with emergent situations in a calm but directive manner
* Deal with problems and prevent future reoccurrence using proactive management skills
* Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe manner and that all potential risks are assessed and controlled.
* Aid in the development of waste management methods within a changing market, aiming for increased waste segregation and recycling.
* Maintain waste management equipment (balers/compactors etc.) & train new starters to ensure they adhere to standard operating procedures.
* General engineering tasks to assist site engineering department.
Qualifications and Skills
Plant equipment, health and safety and supervisory training certificates whether in construction or waste management would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided to the right candidate.
This position is a varied and changing role so would suit a keen, enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude but must also be prepared to work as part of a team if required.
Experience of operating & maintaining waste equipment such as balers/compactors/ Counter Balance/ Reach Trucks.
* Do you have previous experience in the same or similar industry?
* Can you demonstrate an independent and 'hands on' leadership approach?
* Are you passionate about developing team relationships, encouraging trust and mutual respect?
* Are you organised and adaptable to meet business priorities?
* Do you have good communication and customer service skills?
* Are you comfortable working outside?
* Liaising with management to determine workloads and projects within the yard.
* Thoroughly grading and weighing outgoing materials to ensure quality is maintained.
* Safely operating and conducting daily safety checks including record keeping.
* Ensuring excellent housekeeping is in place and conducting daily yard checks reporting and correcting any problems.
* Assist the Amcor Waste Controller to ensure that all waste collections etc. are correctly recorded and that all documentation associated with the yard is accurately completed, in accordance with the site's operating procedures and legal requirements.
* Ensure that the Company's Health and Safety standards and policies are adhered to on site.
* Develop the waste team to ensure that they achieve their full potential and that all departmental targets are met fully both now and in the future. This may include recruitment and retention of staff and completing regular performance reviews.
* Action any issues, queries or complaints arising so that any problems are resolved, in a timely fashion, to all parties' satisfaction as far as is reasonably practicable. Escalate any complex issues to the relevant manager.
* Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development.