|Salary||Up to £31,500||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Waste, Recycling and Cleaning Operations Manager to join our team. Based at Ascot Racecourse, you will ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the site Waste Management and Recycling policy and services during racedays, events and day to day operations in order to meet and improve on current recycling levels.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Up to £31,500 depending on experience + bonus + benefitsMain responsibilities
- Liasing with the current waste contractor (Veolia) to ensure the timely scheduling of the exchange RELs, ROROs and compactor ROROs to ensure maximum availability of assets.
- Leading from the front to ensure recycling targets are met.
- Deliver Education and Training in all aspects of recycling and waste streams to both internal and external staff on site in order to meet recycling targets and KPIs.
- To ensure all aspects of the Cleaning service with regards to Daily Areas and Conferences & Events are carried out and maintained to the required standard.
- Conduct COSHH assessments, risk assessments and document safe systems of work for all cleaning and waste operations tasks.
- Compile weekly staff rotas to meet the requirements of Daily Areas, Conferences & Events and race day waste support. To be reviewed by the Soft Services Manager to ensure all labour employed to deliver the service is maintained within agreed budgets.
- Proactive monitoring and reporting on all staff absences and sickness.
- Ensure all disciplinary incidents and unauthorised staff absences are dealt with in a professional and timely manner and in accordance with company policies.
A competent professional with at least 2 years proven experience of managing and leading a Cleaning & Waste team.
Experience of Waste Operations within an event based venue.
Experience of using heavy duty cleaning machinery, window cleaning knowledge, general housekeeping and office cleaning.
Flexible approach to working and committed to frequent weekend working (race days) and occasional night shifts.
Waste operations qualification (CIWM; WAMITAB).
Ability to identity and implement innovative and solutions to drive improvements.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.