Waste Operative Day Shift
- Job Reference: 00045848-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Cottenham, Cambridgeshire
- Salary: £9.50 to £10.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas
- Job Type: Permanent
We are currently recruiting for a depot operative, who will work in our recycling depot.
Our company specialise in the collection and recycling of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes including lubricating oil, waste water, plastics and used oil filters which are processed by our in-house waste handling facility which offers seven different waste recycling processes and a UKAS-approved laboratory.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the waste operative will be required to carry out a wide range of operational duties ranging from waste handling, segregation, processing using our treatment facilities plant and equipment, loading, unloading, and storing waste material, ensure our recycling meet the quality standard for our clients. Specific focus in recognising the different hazardous waste stream and our installation to meet our permit requirements is also key to this role. The post holder is required to operate company equipment and plant, use of forklifts for which they are suitably qualified.
To carry out operational activities in the general depot recycling yard area in a safe, efficient and productive manner. Uniform is provided & we have onsite parking.
* Experience within a Waste Industry or Recycling sector
* Sorting and Segregation of Hazardous & Non-Hazardous Waste on arrival to Site
* Experience in processing Hazardous & Non-Hazardous Waste Material using plant and equipment
* Knowledge and experience with following operational processes in accordance to Waste Acceptance and Control of Waste
* Knowledge and experience with following operational processes to regulatory Health & Safety and Environmental guidelines
* Experience in working with teams and simultaneously
* Assist in loading and unloading, and some transporting on site of Hazardous Waste Material
* Experience in undertaking housekeeping, cleaning requirements to keep all work areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner
* Liaison with Line manager / Office staff regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
* Previous knowledge and experience of working in accordance to safe systems of work
Qualifications & Training
* Counterbalance FLT training (desirable)
* Waste Awareness (desirable)
* Waste Industry or Recycling Sector
* Manufacturing/Production Environment
Qualities and Behaviours
* Flexible approach
* Team player who is adaptable and able to multi-task
* Strong safety and delivery focus
0700hrs to 1630hrs, Mon to Fri.
Starting rate £9.50/hr, increasing to £10/hr on completion of successful probation.
Occasional overtime may be requested.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.50-£10.00 per hour
Full company Covid-19 risk assessment carried out and in place and available to interviewed applicants, on request and to successful candidate at offer stage