Warehouse Team Leader/Leadhand
- Job Reference: 00006545-1
- Date Posted: 12 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Ossett
- Salary: £22,000 to £22,500
- Sector: Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
First Choice Recruitment are looking for a Warehouse Leadhand to join our globally renowned food manufacturing client based in Ossett, West Yorkshire. Although on a daily basis you will continue to work as part of the production team, you will be required to assist in the management of the day-to-day warehouse operation as required. In addition, you will also stand in for the Supervisor during absences and holidays as agreed with the Production Manager.
· Ensure the operation in the Warehouse
· Ensuring all equipment is run safely
· Maintaining stock integrity
· Ensure picking and loading is complete in accordance with booked collection time, whilst working towards set targets and agreed standards of productivity.
· Ensure compliance with health & safety, quality and food safety procedures
· All relevant documentation is completed accurately, professionally and in a timely manner
· Ensure drivers adhere to the Visiting Drivers instructions and they follow the correct vehicle locking, key control loading procedure.
· Pick and load stock with accuracy and care ensuring goods are despatched from the Warehouse on time and in full.
· Operate as leadhand to production supervisor in all aspects of planning, management, deadlines, schedules, dispatch and customer requirements.
· Licence to drive Reach, Counterbalance and Ride on PPT trucks.
· Knowledge and understanding of health & safety & hygiene procedures.
· Customer focused and self-motivated individual.
· Knowledge and experience of machinery and warehouse systems.
· Effective communication & interpersonal skills.
· Attention to detail and excellent numeracy skills.
· Must be flexible regarding your hours of work and duties.
The ideal candidate MUST have experience in a Team Leader/Leadhand role along with sound knowledge of Health and Safety/Food Hygiene regualations. Candidates MUST also hold an in-date, accredited Reach, Counterbalance and PPT Licence.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 06:00-14:00/14:00-22:00 (rotating) however MUST be flexible
Salary: £22,000 - £22,500 per annum with additional company benefits upon successful completion of probationary period
Please apply today with your up-to-date CV.
NB: Please note due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak and high number of applications, we are unable to contact everyone individually. Therefore, if you do not hear back from us within 10 days unfortunately your application has not been successful