Fixed Term Contract
We have several opportunities for experienced Warehouse Supervisors based in Leamington Spa who are comfortable working within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience in a fast-paced and dynamic laboratory environment.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also improving your CV and gaining vital laboratory experience that will set you up for future success in the scientific field.
As well as a competitive rate of pay of £33,696 p/a (with a 20% uplift applied for night working and an end of contract bonus), you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, night and weekend shifts.
If day and night shifts are both undertaken, you will get: £37,065 (this varies based on the amount of night shifts undertaken) If night working is only undertaken, you will get: £40,443
The bonus will be paid in two parts. 10% of your salary will be paid after 9 months and a further 10% after 18 months. For example, if your salary is £37,065, you will be paid a bonus of £3706.5 after 9 months and once more after 18 months.
As a Warehouse Supervisor in one of our labs, you will be responsible for overseeing sample organisation, the flow of samples into the laboratory and leading their team to support the testing process.
Your main duties will include:
- Management of your team to ensure samples are received and organised efficiently
- Organisation of sample flow to the relevant workstation (Communicate with the relevant workstations for delivery/collection of samples)
- Ensuring your team work according to SOPs, H&S requirements and the laboratory's accreditation standard
In order to be successful in the role of Warehouse Supervisor, you'll need the following qualifications and skills:
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role
- Good standard of general education GCSE maths or English (or equivalent)
- Management and supervision of staff in a team
- Ability to work productively within a team
- Understanding of relevant health and safety policies and procedures relative to the role
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
Please be aware that BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) including a media check, is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.