Warehouse Shift Manager
- Job Reference: 00054772-1
- Date Posted: 8 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Simpson, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: £34,950
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Contract
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Shift Manager for our busy client based in Tilbrook, Milton Keynes (MK7). Immediate start required !!!
The Shift Rota will include working both day shift and night shift so full flexibility is essential. You will be required to work 4 weeks of day shift (8am-8pm) and then 4 weeks of night shift (8pm-8am). Week 1= Mon, Tues, Sat, Sun and Week 2= Weds, Thurs, Fri. Average 40 hour working week.
During each shift, the Warehouse Shift Manager will be accountable for 5 key functional areas.
1. Warehouse Customer Service Desk that controls the movement of stock and consumables to departments across the site.
2. Warehouse Goods-In & Goods-out section that manages the deliveries and shipments of materials to and from the UKBC site.
3. Sample Reception Marquee, this area is the focal point for the arrival of all COVID-19 Samples delivered to site as per the National Testing Programme.
4. The Sample Unpacking Marquee, is where all COVID-19 samples are initially unpacked, inspected and prepared for transfer into the UKBC Mega Lab. 5. Sample Triage, is where samples are unpacked, inspected, and prepared for lab processing
1. Accountable for the correct recording of all goods received, transferred, issued or dispatched using the stock control system. Accountable for the correct storage of consumables and stock to the appropriate locations, ensuring all relevant documentation and the electronic stock system (ESS) is completed before the end of each shift
2. You will be accountable for the supervision and issue of consumables to internal departments in an efficient and timely manner
3. Receive and issue goods to/from external suppliers completing all relevant paperwork to maintain control over stock levels
4. To complete accurate stock reconciliation checks before the end of each shift
5. To ensure the warehouse's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are always followed 6. To maintain excellent housekeeping standards and Health & Safety working practices to ensure a safe and hygienic working environment for all members of staff
7. To contribute flexibly to enhance the overall performance of the warehouse and complete all shift hand over documentation, reporting all issues encountered
8. Collaborate with other Warehouse Shift Managers and both the Operations Manager and Warehouse Manage to develop improvements across Logistics.
9. Accountable for the daily supervision of up to 36 members of staff and co-ordination of tasks for across the Warehouse and Sample Unpacking areas.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good people skills and the ability to work well within a team
• Reliable and Dependable with excellent timekeeping and desire to succeed
• Ability to prioritise tasks for each operative and ensure tasks are completed to a satisfactory standard
• Able and confident in challenging sub-standard performance and behaviour
• Accurate data entry in the use of Oracle ERP & SAGE Warehouse Management Systems.
• Applicants must be computer literate
• Two plus years' experience in a supervisory role essential
• Good standard of English and Maths (GCSE and equivalent, Grade C or higher