Warehouse Operators (Night Shift)
|Job Title:||Warehouse Operators (Night Shift)|
|Salary:||£8.00 - £8.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Gillian Worthing|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2019 16:44|
Our prestigious client on the outskirts of Chepstow requires. warehouse operators to work NIGHT SHIFTS.
This is a Temp to Perm role after 8 weeks for candidates who meet all the criteria. Successful candidates will be responsible for picking orders, loading and unloading vehicles and putting stock away. The role involves manual handling, heavy lifting duties. We will be registering suitable candidates in Chepstow and Caldicot
- Ensure high levels of count accuracy at Stock Audits - effectively communicating stock discrepancies, shortages or problem areas to Line Manager or Supervisor
- Ensure the current legislation for storage, transporting on site and manual handling are adhered to.
- Ensure all goods received and sent out are checked for faults and reported to the relevant parties where necessary.
- Assist in daily operational duties of the Warehouse loading and unloading at Goods-In and Goods-Out points.
- Ensure all received stock is put-away in the correct locations within the Warehouse and all goods due for dispatch are processed, picked and loaded correctly to customer order and DC requirements.
- Ensure any movement of goods within the Warehouse environment is efficient and accurate according to instruction.
- Ensure outbound vehicles are loaded in a proper, safe manner, according to instruction, Company Practice and current legislation.
- Ensure you do not work on any product or service that you have not been assessed as competent in or trained to carry out.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately as per company requirements.
- Ensure goods received into the Warehouse are checked off as complete and correct to manifest, with any discrepancies noted clearly and signed for by both parties on relevant paperwork.
- Ensure that company policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure the appropriate responses are made in a timely fashion to requests / instructions from Management. „
- Report any faulty equipment / machinery to the management team immediately. „
- Carry out any reasonable request / tasks as deemed necessary by the management team.
- Read, understand and action all points in the employee handbook as they become relevant.
- Inform the manager immediately of anything suspicious, unusual or contradictory to the proper running of the centre.
- Ensure relevant policies and procedures are followed to enable compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to the aspects of responsibility under the control of this role.
- Support of internal and external audit activities as required.
- Ensure Customer Collections from Site are dealt with promptly, politely and efficiently.
- Ensure any returned goods are processed promptly and efficiently
- Ensure customers are dealt with in a manner that portrays a professional image.
- Ensure the work area is cleaned and maintained such that it portrays a professional image at all times
This role is 8 week Temp to Perm for the candidates who meet all the above criteria.
Experience in a fast paced warehouse.
REGISTRATIONS WILL BE HELD IN CHEPSTOW AND CALDICOT.
Hours of work
7PM - 4,30AM OR 8PM T0 5.30AM
8.50 PER HOUR
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH RELEVANT EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED AND PREPARED TO WORK ONGOING NIGHTS.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£9.32 - £9.78 per hour + Attendance bonus
£9.00 - £12.52 per hour
£10.45 per hour
£8.50 - £9.00 per hour
£8.55 - £10.85 per hour, Benefits: Free Parking, 28 days holiday per annum.