|Location||Alfreton, Derbyshire||Job Type||Temporary|
|Salary||£9.00 - £13.50 per hour||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
Warehouse Operatives x8 - Alfreton - ongoing work until Christmas
Job title: Warehouse Operatives x8
Location: Alfreton DE55
Contract type: Temporary - ongoing work until Christmas
Hourly rate/Salary: £9.00 - £13.50p/h
One of the Derbyshire regions most reputable and established companies are looking for the best Warehouse Operatives based around Alfreton.
Our client are responsible for providing goods and services to thousands of customers throughout the UK, due to their continued growth, short deadline of orders, and expanding customer base, they need a team that are able to help them through their busy periods.
We are seeking a team of at least 8 people who are able to work in a distribution environment, that is reliant on a speedy turnaround of goods coming in and then out again very quickly.
The Job Role
you will not always be working in the same location of the warehouse as there are constant demands in different areas, from packing, order picking, labelling, general cleaning, stock takes and stock replenishment.
You will be required to receive orders off the deliveries and bundle them up into orders ready for dispatch to thousands of suppliers in the UK, You will also be required to label boxes, pack items and load and unload boxes onto Lorries and containers within an efficient way.
A lot of the role will be repetitive, and working on your feet for up to 8 and 12 hours per day. However you will need to be flexible in the role you do as they require flexible candidates, to work all areas and follow instruction and simple methods.
The working hours
The working hours are varied so must be flexible with times. Some shifts are from 6am till 6pm other from 8am till 5pm or 10am till 6pm you must be able to commit to these shifts once accepting the assignments, the position is ongoing until Christmas not including weekends.
If you have a car and are flexible with travel great, however due to some of the shift times starting at 6am you may struggle to get to and from the site without your own vehicle, dependant on your location. Our client is located close to the mc arthur glen just off Berristow lane.
Main Duties include:
* General Warehouse Duties
* Picking and packing orders
* Labelling and wrapping of products
* Loading goods onto vehicles
* Manual handling
* Packaging the product for distribution
* Fantastic company to work for - you're not just a number.
* Chance for overtime when worked more than 37.5 hours per week which can pay up to £13.50p/h
* Great rates of pay starting at £9p/h
* Holiday entitlement
* Company pension scheme
* On site car parking
* Nominated entry to Blue Arrow 'Superstar of the month' award, giving you the change to win high street shopping vouchers.
* Dedicated consultant
* Blue Arrow uniform
* Weekly pay
Requirements and skills:
* Previous experience within the warehouse environment
* Hardworking and reliable
* Safety boots
* Able to work on a temporary assignment, happy to work flexible shifts. I.E. weekends long days if needed
* Live and work to company values
* Must be able to get to Alfreton
* Can work within a team
* Great literacy and numeracy skills.
* Must be polite and friendly - essential
* Happy to work on their feet for long periods of time
* Able to start immediately
This position is looking to start in September and we anticipate a large number of responses So we encourage you to CLICK APPLY TODAY or give us a call at our office in Derby.