Warehouse Operatives / Fork Lift drivers
- Job Reference: 00052727-1
- Date Posted: 28 December 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Stowmarket, Suffolk
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas
- Job Type: Permanent
As the Warehouse Operative you will enjoy being part of a very busy team supporting production, relish the challenge of working in a varied role for a growing business who like to see orders fulfilled accurately on time.
As an experienced Warehouse Operative you will be loading/unloading vehicles using Counterbalance or Reach Truck forklifts, accurately book in and put components away correctly, pick parts to fulfil production line orders, keep a tidy work area and ensure deadlines are met. These are new opportunities in an expanding manufacturing business with a great order book and further investment.
Warehouse Operative - you’ll need these skills and qualities:
* Valid Counterbalance Forklift and/or Reach Truck Licences needed
* Team player who can step up to pace quickly, have a focussed work ethic, is flexible, can meet deadlines yet work accurately as production is ramped up
* IT skills and able to use tablets and smart phones for e.g. stock management
* Experience in a warehouse with an engineering production environment preferred
* Use your own initiative within SOP’s, have good communication skills and be able to juggle regular tasks in between those urgent and important tasks that always crop up, including stock takes
* Due to the nature of the role there will be lifting involved of up to 15 kg so you’ll need to be physically fit and H&S aware
Warehouse Operative - activities:
* Accurate and timely picking of parts and components for production, engineering, fabrication and customers
* Process goods in and out then updating the electronic ERP system - training will be given
* Use a Reach Truck and/or Counterbalance Forklifts safely to load and unload delivery vehicles
* Ensure all products are in correct locations to facilitate accurate picking and stock takes
* Be part of the warehouse team making sure all tasks are completed. Covid-19 protocols are in place
These are great opportunities for 2 dedicated Warehouse Operatives and there will be long term opportunities for personal development within the business as they continue to launch new products, expanding their market, and further increase production.
Hours: 07:00 – 15:30 Monday to Friday
Act NOW as they are ready to hire 2 Warehouse Operatives immediately so contact Deborah
Salary and benefits: £attractive rate, £500 bonus after 6 months, some overtime, 21 days holiday + 8 bank hols and a great range of benefits
Commutable from: Suffolk | Bury St Edmunds | Diss | Hadleigh | Ipswich | Needham Market | Stowmarket | Sudbury and surrounding areas
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.