- Job Reference: 00019365-1
- Date Posted: 15 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Maidstone, Kent
- Salary: £10.64 Per Hour
- Sector: Transport & Logistics, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Fowler Welch is a multi-award-winning supply chain specialist working with retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers across the UK.
We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and to promote being an employer of choice.
Most importantly, we wouldn’t be able to deliver the highest quality service to our customers without dedicated and knowledgeable colleagues. This is why we strive to create a working environment that is enjoyable and allows our colleagues to continually grow and progress in their careers.
Due to continuous growth, we are looking for two Warehouse Operatives to be based at a new site near Maidstone.
- Salary of £10.64 per hour, with additional enhancements for night and weekend working
- Free Fowler Welch Health Care Plan
- Free life insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary
- Competitive pension scheme
- ‘Cycle 2 Work’ Scheme – save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees – monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers
As a Warehouse Operative, you will carry out operational activities which you are properly trained in, including but not limited to goods-in, putting away items, replenishment, picking, marshalling, loading, de-kitting, recycling and damages.
Your main duties will include:
- Ensuring all operational activity is carried out safely and in line with the company’s Health & Safety policy, as well as SSOWs and HACCP regulations
- Reaching and maintaining the standards required to meet the company's performance and productivity targets
- Using the correct PPE for the activity/temperature range for the area in which you are working
- Using all work equipment provided to you as instructed and to maintain the condition of that equipment
- Ensuring the correct documentation is completed where necessary (e.g. inbound and dispatched loads)
- Reporting all MHE, equipment or building defects in line with company procedures and taking appropriate action to ensure your own and colleagues’ safety
- Ensuring all return streams are dealt with as per company procedures
- Assisting the Stock Control team and other colleagues as and when required
To join us as a Warehouse Operative, you will need:
- Previous experience within a similar warehouse role
- Experience of working within an environment where achieving deadlines and quality of work
- Experience of working within a temperature controlled environment
- To be self-disciplined and motivated
- To be an excellent team player
- To be flexible with your working hours to ensure operational success
Other organisations may call this role Warehouse Assistant, Logistics Operative, Warehouse and Distribution Operative, or Distribution Operative.
Apply now and join us on the road to success!
Shift pattern: 4 from 7 - a degree of flexibility with hours is essential in the first instance
The health and wellbeing of our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us. If you are invited to attend an interview you will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire, and we would ask that you do not attend any interviews or assessments on-site if you are self-isolating or if anyone in your household, including yourself, are displaying any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
We will be making the necessary adjustments to our recruitment processes to ensure we follow Government guidance which could result in recruitment taking longer than we would like. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we adapt our ways of working during this time.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Warehouse Operative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency