- Job Reference: 00051632-1
- Date Posted: 21 December 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Brunswick Village, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Salary: £21,500
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Permanent
Asian Harvest Foods is a leading supplier of Oriental food, beverage and catering supplies to restaurants and takeaways throughout the UK. We operate nationally with strategically placed sites located in Glasgow, Harlow and Newcastle.
We value excellent service and product safety above all else and we pride ourselves on our product range, innovation, best value and dedication to our customers.
Our product range covers ambient, chilled and frozen products and in 2020 we launched a home delivery service; bringing our food industry knowledge and professionalism to households across the UK.
We have recently achieved BRCGS accreditation, Grade B, at our Glasgow site; which is a Globally recognised standard for Storage & Distribution and a true reflection of our commitment to quality, safety and service for our customers. Further investment has also enabled us to upgrade our IT infrastructure and improvements such as this allow us to be at the forefront of food supply in the UK; both now and as we look ahead to future expansion.
Health & Safety remains a fundamental priority for us and we are committed to maintaining a safe working environment for all team members; particularly as a result of the current Coronavirus pandemic. Strict adherence to preventative measures such as enhanced cleaning procedures, provision of personal protective equipment (PPE), social distancing and hygiene protocols at each of our sites; not only protects the safety and wellbeing of our people, but also their families and wider communities in which we serve.
What's on Offer?
Rate of Pay:
£21,500 per annum
Permanent Contract - immediate start
45 hours per week
Company uniform provided, 28 days holiday entitlement, NEST Pension Scheme, training, continuous investment in your professional development, employee discount and free car parking on-site.
We are currently looking for an experienced and proactive Warehouse Operative to join our well-established team based in Newcastle. Our logistics team play a crucial part in our overall operations, as they enable a successful shopping experience for our customers by ensuring that our products are in the right place at the right time!
You will have a strong work ethic, attention to detail, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work in a physically demanding and fast-paced environment. You will be a natural team player and possess a true commitment to customer service, with a keen desire to help to deliver and maintain our high standards at all times.
Typical Duties / Tasks
* Timely, accurate and efficient picking, palletisation and loading of customer orders according to company procedures
* Loading and unloading of vehicles
* Working within multi-temperature areas, inclusive of ambient, chill and freezer environments
* Contribute to the smooth daily operations of the depot
* Pro-actively seek efficiencies within the Warehouse
* Contribute to the development and implementation of operational improvements
* Provision of information and data to Management
* Ensure adherence to relevant Health & Safety requirements contained within Risk Assessments and standard operating procedures at all times
* Compliance with all Food Safety and HACCP requirements, ensuring product integrity at all times
* Ensure that all Goods In procedures are completed and goods are moved to the correct storage locations
* Monitor, review and report all stock shortages, damages and losses
* Investigate and escalate any stock variation or quality concerns
* Ensure all products are condensed and packed in a safe and secure manner
* Ensure that all required documentation is complete and up-to-date; such as Cleaning Schedules, Temperature Checks, Goods In, HACCP etc.
* Utilise all storage areas to maximum safe capacity
* Assist with the Annual stock-take.
What You’ll Need
* At least 1 Years’ experience working in a fast-paced Warehouse environment
* Forklift Licence (Reach Truck and Counterbalance)
* HACCP, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Allergen awareness
* Proactive approach to maintaining safe ways of working
* Ability to adapt to changing demands and adaptable workload
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
Apply with a current CV that demonstrates your Warehousing experience and we’ll aim to get back to you as soon as possible!
Asian Harvest Foods (and associated divisions) will not accept any unsolicited CVs from recruiters or Employment Agencies in response to this role