|Job Title:||Warehouse Operative|
|Salary:||Up to £9.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2019 17:01|
Warehouse Operatives x6 - Alfreton - Temp to Perm Placements
One of the Derbyshire regions most reputable and established companies are looking for the best Warehouse Operatives based around Alfreton.
Our client are responsible for providing goods and services to thousands of customers throughout the UK, due to their continued growth and expanding customer base, they need a team that are able to help them through the demanding orders.
We are seeking a team of at least 6 people who are able to work in a distribution environment, that is reliant on a speedy turnaround of goods coming in and then out again very quickly.
The Job Role
you will not always be working in the same location of the warehouse as there are constant demands in different areas, from packing, order picking, general cleaning, stock takes and stock replenishment.
However you will be required to have some computer knowledge and skills, as you will be required to print off stock order sheets and labels, enter numeric numbers into order sheets, then pick the items and package the products. You will also be required to label boxes, and load and unload boxes onto Lorries and containers.
A lot of the role will be repetitive however you will need to be flexible in the role you do as training is offered on each section, as they require flexible candidates, to work all areas and follow instruction and simple methods.
For the right candidate this role can offer a temporary to permanent position after 13 weeks. Our client is looking to meet with candidates as soon as possible.
The working hours
The working hours will be starting on Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm, but flexibility is a must as this can be change to varied shifts of 6am till 2pm or 6am till 6pm. There may be a need to work weekends too so flexibility is a must.
If you have a car and are flexible with travel great! If you're limited to public transport, there are bus routes available however you must have flexibility in this due to the locations and shift times. Our Client is based in the South Normanton areas of Alfreton, located close by clover nook industrial estate just off the A38
Main Duties include:
* General Warehouse Duties
* Picking and packing orders
* Usage of computers and IT skills
* Labelling and wrapping of products
* Loading goods onto vehicles
* Checking stock
* Manual handling
* Packaging the product for distribution
* Fantastic company to work for
* Chance for overtime when worked more than 37.5 hours per week!
* Great rates of pay starting at £9p/h
* Holiday entitlement
* Access to high street discounts
* Company pension scheme
* Up to 33 days holiday after successful period of time
* On site car parking
* Brand new and modern on site canteen.
* Nominated entry to Blue Arrow 'Superstar of the month' award, giving you the change to win high street shopping vouchers.
* Dedicated consultant
* Blue Arrow uniform
* Weekly pay
Requirements and skills:
* Previous experience within the warehouse environment
* Hardworking and reliable
* Safety boots
* Able to work on a temporary assignment, happy to work flexible shifts. I.E. weekends long days if needed
* Live and work to company values
* Must be able to get to Alfreton
* Can work within a team
* Great literacy and numeracy skills.
* Must be polite ware and friendly - essential
* Happy to work on their feet for long periods of time
* Able to start immediately
If you cannot answer yes to the above criteria, then unfortunately we would not be able to proceed with your application.
So if you are looking for your next opportunity then CLICK APPLY TODAY and we will be in touch to discuss your application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's