|Salary||Hourly Monthly||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
We currently have an opportunity for a Warehouse Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
Uniform providedMain responsibilities
- Undertake receipt and checking of incoming goods and materials that is correctly stored within the warehouse and PDL
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles.
- Pick customer requirements where required and undertake all necessary controls and ensuring procedures are complied with as appropriate, and making available for dispatch
- Dispatch outgoing orders in line with company processes
- Undertake loading goods or stock by hand or truck for movement of goods and clinical supplies support where required
- Ensure daily safety checks on the truck are conducted thoroughly.
- Work with NPD lab technician to ensure the workplace environment is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Take reasonable care of both your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions, ensuring all company safety and quality systems are followed and all times and report any incidents or suggestions to your line manager;
- Working with all groups deliver the waste stream ensuring all goods/Materials are disposed of safely and in line with company processes.
- Deputise and provide cover for absent colleagues as required, and regularly refresh on processes to ensure this can be achieved effectively;
- Basic numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Fork lift license would be beneficial, but training will be given.
- Strong verbal communication
- Diligent attention to detail and attention to safety
- Ability to work under pressure
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.