|Salary||£20000 - £23000 per annum||Sector||Driving & Logistics|
The Inventory Operations & Supply team provides warehousing, storage and distribution of materials and critical equipment across the entire business.
Operating on a 24/7 -365 basis the Inventory Operations and Supply Management team to are the custodians of materials and critical equipment at distribution centres and distribution hubs for Thames Water.
As part of the Inventory Operations and Supply Management team you will be required to provide safe custody and real time visibility of our stock holdings which are then prepared for despatch in line with agreed customer service levels.
When required and subject to driver license provide first class professional delivery and collection service in order to meet agreed service levels and also support the operational teams when facing customer/operational incidences.
All duties are to be completed in accordance with transport legislation and working time directive.
As an Inventory Operative you will:
- Ensure that stock levels in the distribution centres reflect real time holdings both on a physical and system basis.
- Receiving, picking and packing materials in line with operational KPIs.
- Progressing goods in and goods out areas of activity in line with operational KPIs
- Ensure vehicles are loaded on time every time.
- Comply with stock management principles and governance.
- Provide support to the wider business during times of operational incidents.
- Comply with all relevant legislation and agreed procedures to ensure a safe and legal working environment and consistent quality standards
- Maintain a safe and efficient handling of vehicles/FLTs in all respects, including the optimisation of fuel usage, cleanliness of vehicle.
- Responsible for the security of the vehicle & load at all times
- Ensure all Company equipment is maintained, utilised and returned as required within operational processes to the transport office/depot daily
- Report vehicle defects and ensure that the defect is documented
- Comply with Driver’s regulations & Working Time Directive in line with the O license legalisation and Company procedures
- In addition to these duties, you may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business for example maintenance of mobile assets and clean & waste tanker driving activities, where appropriate training will be provided.
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements are met within Company and legal frameworks.
- Maintain and promote a positive image of Thames Water
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Warehouse and inventory management experience
- Basic numeracy and conversational English language
- Fork lift truck licenses
- Working knowledge of SAP Warehouse Management and RFID technology (preferable)
- At least 1 year driving experience – preferred 2 years driving experience
- Ideally hold class 2 licence & valid driver qualification card (desirable)
What’s in it for you:
Do you want to be part of an award winning Supply Chain excellence team that is making a real difference to the resilience of Thames Water by providing critical, on-time and reliable logistical services?
Would you jump at the chance to join our high performing, flagship Logistics Management Centre?
Do you have a passion for shaping the way Water is managed for our customers for generations to come?
The Logistics Management Centre (LMC) is a centralised operation providing a single point of contact for Thames Water’s operational business 24/7/365.
The LMC has the capability to source plant and equipment from strategic suppliers, hire companies, our Alliance partners and our own assets, enabling the most cost effective and timely solution to meet our customer demands, thereby providing an end to end, single view of logistics demand and capacity.
Logistic Operations operates Waste Tankers with jetting capability, Potable Water Tankers and Inventory delivery vehicles to support both reactive and planned work to both the Waste and Clean areas. Operating on a 24/7/365 basis in order to provide an excellent service to support the business.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Didcot, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by suppling 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.