|Salary||20000 - 25000||Sector||Driving & Logistics, Catering & Hospitality, Facilities|
Warehouse Manager £25k
Fosters Event Catering has established a reputation as one of the most prestigious event caterers in the South West. We are all about fresh, seasonal ingredients and well-sourced produce and have catered at some of the most impressive venues and events over the years.
We are looking for a Warehouse Manager to manage the day to day operation of the warehouse, reporting to the Senior Logistics & Warehouse Manager.
The Principle purpose of the role;
The key objective is to maintain all aspects of the warehouse operation by supporting the back & front of house teams in preparing and cleaning equipment for the kitchen and events
Key Skills Required;
- Demonstrate pride in the appearance of the workplace and a desire to maintain excellent levels of cleanliness throughout
- Able to work independently, planning ahead to ensure all tasks are completed on time and to the required standard
- The ability to accurately follow instructions and to communicate to the team, engaging the team in promoting a positive culture.
- Always demonstrate good practice in working hygienically around food.
- Management of all CCG (China, Cutlery & Glassware) and equipment regarding inventory management, maintenance and cleanliness
- Management of porters, ensuring that porters are clearly directed and complete their jobs to a satisfactory standard.
- The department’s responsibilities will include operating pot-washing machinery, sweeping and mopping floors, disposing of kitchen waste and picking kit.
- Resolve any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries to the appropriate department.
- Take responsibility for stock control, including ordering, acceptance, maintenance of stock levels and stock rotation, and the return of any sub-standard items
- Full compliance with all company policies and procedures as detailed in the staff handbook
- Adhere to any reasonable requests from senior management
Hygiene, Safety & Cleaning;
- Observe all relevant legal requirements, industry guides to good hygiene practices and government codes of practice.
- Ensure adherence to the company health & safety policy, including completion of records.
- Comply with fire procedures & legislation.
- Maintenance - Weekly checking, maintenance and recording of all critical safety elements of the vehicles (tyre pressures, fluid levels and oil etc.)
- Cleanliness – Ensuring that vehicles are thoroughly cleaned internally and externally weekly so that they reflect well on the business.
- Fuel - Fill all vehicles with fuel as required including hire vehicles to minimise `inflated` costs charged by vehicle hires.
- Ad hoc duties will include; supporting the operations team during peak times in assisting with key events and festivals throughout the year.
- Well Presented
- Physically fit
- Effective Communicator
- Ability to work as a member of the team and on own
- Attention to detail
- Can work well under pressure and able to multi-task
- Willingness to work nights and weekends and show great flexibility and be prepared to work additional hours where necessary.
- Full and clean Driving license
- Computer literate – Word & Excel (Microsoft office)
- Event experience ( experience of working for an Event caterer or Event hire catering company)
- Counterbalance forklift truck licence
- HACCP / ISO trained advantageous
- Licence to drive at least a 5 tons vehicle
- Experience of completing risk assessments
- PAT testing accreted