Warehouse and Forklift Operative
|Job Title:||Warehouse and Forklift Operative|
|Salary:||Up to £9.14 per hour|
|Start Date:||January 2019|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Cruttenden|
|Job Published:||January 31, 2019 15:43|
Acorn is currently looking for a Warehouse & Forklift operative to join our client based on the outskirts of Swansea. This is a temporary position that may lead to Permanent for the right candidate.
Duties will include:
- Offloading of incoming deliveries and movement to the correct locations in the factory.
- Checking incoming deliveries (item / quantity / delivery note / purchase order).
- Reviewing production schedule / works order requirements, ensuring that required components are available in production.
- Moving finished goods pallets from production to warehouse locations.
- Reviewing dispatch schedule and loading finished goods released by quality.
- Completing required dispatch documentation.
- Accurately recording movement and location of materials on the stock system.
- Undertaking any required checks on materials handling equipment, identifying and reporting any maintenance/repair requirements.
- Completing all required records, including trace ability records, and performance indicators.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping.
- Following waste management procedures.
- Contributing to identifying and implementing opportunities for process improvement (safety, quality, output, cost / efficiency).
- Ensuring all external delivery/distribution drivers follow required safety instructions.
- Carry out other tasks that support the warehouse, assembly and packaging operation.
You must hold a valid RTITB license in Fork Lift truck operation (Reach & Counterbalance truck)
These tasks are not intended as an exhaustive list of the post holder's duties. The post holder is expected to carry out any reasonable request as deemed appropriate by the Shift Leader to support business needs.
The ideal candidate will have experience from within a warehouse operation in either a manufacturing or logistics organisation.
This is a Temporary position that may lead to a permanent role for the right candidate.
Hours of work are 8.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am - 12.00pm on Friday.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's