|Salary||£30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience||Sector||Miscellaneous|
HMP Northumberland are looking for a Violence Reduction Manager to join the team to act on behalf of the Director in the matters of Violence Reduction; providing effective and appropriate support and direction in regards to Violence Reduction strategies. You will be required you to fulfil the role of non-operational Middle Manager; this includes the management of the Safer Prisons Team reporting directly to the Head of Residence. The role will primarily focus on Violence Reduction but will involve line management responsibilities and contribution to the wider remit of the team and you will provide effective line management in accordance with Sodexo’s procedures and policies whilst demonstrating the Sodexo Management Behaviors at all times. You will also line Manage the Safer Prisons SPCO ensuring delivery of key milestones and actions such as: Bilat, PDR appraisal, EPA and other managerial tools such as absence review procedures and ensure you provide equivalent line management oversight to your staff.Package description
£30,000 – £35,000
25 days holiday, flexible benefit fund (healthcare etc), pension scheme, and access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts
To have personal oversight of the investigations into violent incidents made by staff throughout the establishment, ensuring the following:
• Correct and early identification of victim and perpetrator
• Legitimate execution of measures to safeguard victims and control perpetrators
• Correct and timely referral to the police using agreed investigation template and follow up to ensure adjudication is safeguarded as a viable option should police return a decision of No Further Action from the CPS perspective
- Embed the use of the Safety Diagnostic Tool.
- Fully embed complex case management processes, including CSIP procedures for identified high risk residents. Chair the SIM meeting where these are discussed.
- Evaluate violence reduction procedures to assess their effectiveness against the key indicators of success.
- Experience of a custodial environment and ability to apply prison rules legitimately.
- Project Management desirable
- Strong Communication skills and use of IT
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions. Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
Improving the Quality of Life of our staff, our prisoners and our local communities is a key driver for the company generally and for Sodexo Justice in particular.
Sodexo Justice (Custody) includes the HM Prisons Addiewell, Northumberland, Forest Bank, Peterborough and Bronzefield. Melaleuca Prison in Western Australia is the newest member of the group. Six Community Rehabilitation Companies provide the Community element of Sodexo Justice.