- Job Reference: 00038235-1
- Date Posted: 9 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Ealing, London
- Salary: £20.24 to £26.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
MPI have a requirement for Skilled Vehicle Technicians to work in Ealing, London.
The start dates are subject to NPPV2 Clearance going through which can take a couple of weeks.
This is a 4 week minimum rolling contract (After first 4 weeks, will then be reviewed due to the ongoing Covid situation, but will more than likely be extended beyond this) (Please note as with all contracts, they are subject to change)
£26.00 per hour LTD/£20.24 per hour PAYE
Approx. 45 hours per week – These roles will be working days.
These roles are subject to NPP2 Clearance (ALL spent or unspent convictions need declaring). Clearance can take up to 2 weeks before start date can be arranged. PLEASE ensure when required that you declare EVERYTHING as this could be the difference between us being able to arrange a start date for you or not.
Any gaps in Employment need to be explained
Our Client is looking for Skilled Motor Vehicle Technicians to join the team working as part of our contract with the Metropolitan Police service
As the Motor Vehicle Technician your role will be to service and repair vehicles in a safe & efficient manner using such skills and knowledge as is required. The role will involve Warranty repairs and using diagnostic machines and Vehicle Systems which if worked for a large dealership will have come across previously.
You will prioritise vehicles and maintenance ensuring completion in accordance with
Procedures in operation and to the standard and Quality required and ensure warranty claims are identified for recovery from manufacturers and rechargeable damage is identified and authorised.
*Working on Light Vehicles –e.g. ford, Mercedes, etc. up to Sprinter and Transit vans as the largest vehicles.
*Whilst doing Service and Maintenance. They have two types of ‘events’ – scheduled (usual service) and unscheduled (urgent requirement e.g. defect).
- City & Guilds 1 & 2 in Motor Vehicle Studies or equivalent NVQ levels 2 & 3 or equivalent
- Hold Master Technician qualifications or working towards this level
- Full driving licence
- Proven experience in a Motor Vehicle technician role, with previous experience gained as a fully qualified technician.
- Completion of Manufacturer training through Ford, Vauxhall or BMW (Other Large dealership manufacturer training will be considered)
• Flexible, Proactive, Team Player
• Pride taken in the completion and presentation of completed repairs
• Computer literate.
• Good level of industry knowledge / awareness
• Good understanding and working knowledge of diagnostic equipment.
• Ability to network and build effective relationships
• Working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Please note that although these are a short rolling contract. There is potentially need for longer requirements or casual contracts as such. Each workshop with current COVID-19 guidelines is set up in bubbles. If one person has to isolate then the whole bubble of 6 will need to isolate. Therefore, the MET need a back up of contingents available to be on site at short notice