|Location||Bedford, Bedfordshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£12 - £13 per hour||Sector||Engineering|
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am-4pm (overtime as required)
Hourly rate: £12- 13 dependant on experience
Our client, a UK wide fleet solutions company with over 25 years' experience are currently recruiting for Paint Sprayer's to join their team due to continued company growth. This position will be based in their Bedford depot.
The Prepper is responsible for preparing vehicle components in an efficient manner ensuring correct repair procedures are followed. The role of the Prepper can be demanding and requires speed, accuracy, attention to detail to ensure the finished product is ready for painting.
Key duties within this position include:
* Prepare vehicle components ready to be re-sprayed ensuring correct formulations, preparation methods, application sequence, timing and material use
* Prioritise work efficiently to meet deadlines ensuring awareness of urgent vehicles and due out dates
* Ensure correct degreasing and cleaning materials are used
* Correct use of abrasive materials
* Remove corrosion
* Correct application and flatting of fillers and stoppers
* Mask repairs
* Primer application to areas that need to be treated
* Correct use of sealers
* Be able to identify plastic repairs and refinishing
* Have the correct product knowledge for plastic repairs i.e. adhesion promotors, flexible additives, fillers and stoppers
* Able to assess and identify different finished coatings i.e. textures
* Identify rectification issues and report them to Line Manager
* Quality control checks carried out on completion to ensure no defects on work
* Consistently utilise all required safety equipment and P.P.E.
* Use the electronic management system for accurate recording of work assigned
* Adhere to all requirements for hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal
* Regular checks on tools and equipment to ensure safe operational use
* Maintain a clean and organised work environment
* Attend Company arranged medicals and follow all necessary guidance given or provided
* Report any deterioration in health or vision to your Manager without delay
* Relevant qualification i.e. ATA, NVQ, BTEC, City & Guilds and/or a minimum of three years' experience
* Proven experience of delivering high quality finishes
* Demonstrates a commitment to continued learning by participating in on-going training and any other industry related training requirements
* Able to meet targets and deadlines
* Ability to work effectively under pressure
* Be able to work as part of a team
* Comply with Health and Safety requirements and legislation
* Maintain a positive working relationship with all members of staff
If you believe you may be suitable for the role and interested in finding out more, please contact Nick Fryatt on 01453 852544 or apply now.
Omega resource group are acting as an employment agency in relation to this position.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.