VAT Specialist, Permanent Opportunity, Outskirts of Nrch, £DOE
- Job Reference: 00007160-1
- Date Posted: 19 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Norwich, Norfolk
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting, Banking & Financial Services, Insurance & Superannuation, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly regarded and established accountancy practice as a VAT Specialist. This position has become available due to continued company growth, and is a rare chance to join an exemplary team in a more senior role.
The firm are seeking an experienced VAT professional and are open to considering applications from both practise and corporate candidates. A min of 2 years experience in a VAT specialist role OR longer term exposure in a more generalist role with the desire to move into specialisation will be considered.
Duties to include:
* Possess the ability to interpret and advise on a range of development projects, including property and land transactions, due diligence assignments and capital goods schemes.
* Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate filing of VAT returns.
* Reconciling VAT accounts, advising on key issues once identified.
* Ensuring up to date with current AVT case law with the ability to present legislations in a clear and transparent manner.
* Presenting VAT guidance at internal and external training seminars and events.
You will have/be:
* Ideally be a fully qualified Accountant or Tax Advisor (ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA or equivalent) with a strong working knowledge of VAT. (Part qual with relevant experience also considered)
* QBE with considerable experience within VAT specialism also considered.
* Experience within a VAT advisory role would be highly advantageous.
* Strong knowledge acquisition of VAT matters.
* Ability to act as a strong advisor to a diverse client base. Possess strong communication skills and relationship building ability.
* Able to identify multiple solutions with concise, clear thinking approach.
Salary offered will be dependent on experience, volume and depth of work. This is a full time permanent role, but a part time opportunity would also be considered.
Structured career pathway offered for successful individual, coupled with the opportunity to work for an employer who really places employee well-being at the forefront of everything they do; promoting work life balance, providing mental health & wellbeing champions, flexi-hour contracts and the chance to buy back additional holiday allowance. Other benefits include free parking, minimum of 23 days holiday (+ bank hols) rising in line with progression, pension, life assurance, local corporate discounts and paid professional subscriptions. The business will always support ongoing professional development and fund relevant training opportunities – in house and externally.
Due to COVID-19, our client will be conducting virtual interviewing and remote on-boarding for successful individual.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Ruth Harding – Business Director at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate