- Job Reference: 00033673-1
- Date Posted: 13 January 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Coventry, Midlands
- Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
- Sector: Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Baker and Baker Recruitment are representing a client in the Warwickshire area who are looking for a UX / UI Designer to join their team on a permanent basis
Role: UX / UI Designer
Salary: £30-35K (Depending on experience)
Location: Coventry (Office based + flexibility to work from home as agreed)
Hours per week: 37.5
We are currently seeking an experienced and driven UX-UI Designer to join an expanding team based in Coventry. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about delivering outstanding customer experiences to our automotive and technology based clients. It’s essential that the client produces the highest level of creative design for their world leading clients and they require an innovative and forward-thinking individual to do this.
The successful candidate will be responsible for devising and implementing high-standard designs from concept to delivery. They’ll be managing projects from a design perspective and working closely with clients to ensure that the vision for each project is realised effectively. Able to collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to deliver creative and innovative digital products, experiences and interfaces.
* Ability to create high quality design from concept to final product. Develop conceptual models, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and final assets for implementation.
* Own, Define, develop and deliver UX direction aligned to the product’s user experience direction and generate graphic assets, UI interactions and animations for product development
* Collaborate effectively with an agile, multi-disciplinary team. Work closely with project managers, product managers, and other designers to define and produce innovative solutions to internal, and customer problems.
* Contribute to the customer experience roadmap. Define features across products and solutions
* Advocate for and follow the customer centred design. Present to business and design leadership, and effectively advocate for the customer in a corporate environment.
* Degree in Design, or equivalent experience within a UX/UI environment (Multi-sector)
* Experience within an Automotive or Technical based industry
* A thorough understanding of the user centred design processes and in-depth knowledge of art-direction including multimedia design across all platforms and devices.
* Ability to present and communicate your design decisions to stakeholders being open to receive and provide feedback to deliver the best possible results.
* Ability to present design decisions to internal stakeholders and external clients
* A team player
* Experience sketching and illustrating concepts and ideas using illustration, mood boards, storyboards, style frames, wireframes, process flows and prototypes.
* Strong knowledge of design tools, especially Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop and Illustrator).
* Ability to manage multiple projects, keep workload organised within project scope and good time management skill.
* Creative ideas with a strong problem-solving mindset and the ability to challenge conventional ways of thinking and working.
* A portfolio of professional UX-UI design work
* UX / UI: 5 years+ experience (Ideal)
* Automotive industry knowledge
* Multi-sector knowledge (Rail, Town/City, Marine etc)
* Photoshop/Illustrator software
* Multi sector UX/UI experience
* Able to present to senior management and clients
* Strong software experience
The client has implemented all measures to make the office and work space Covid-19 secure