|Salary||£40800 - £55000 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms, Executive and Management, Miscellaneous|
This role requires someone to be passionate about Digital Customer Experience, specifically user experience, interaction design, navigation and information architecture. We are looking for someone to lead the Digital UX for Thames Water, creating governance as well as being creative and innovative.
It is essential that you have led significant customer experience change and improvement projects with demonstrable outcomes. This person should inspire the digital team and the wider business to innovate and think digital first.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Continuously advocating the customer to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage flexible team of contract and UX managers
- Lead on large-scale website re-design that links to overall Online Channel Strategy, user experience roadmap items are business cased and change managed accordingly
- Create data-driven insights defining clear optimisation initiatives
- Manage Digital Agency relationship to create pivotal web experiences
- Responsible for Accessibility accreditation targets
- Support and proactively identify improvements to achieve CSAT
- Creation and rollout of digital guidelines for visual design to be used by Content and Development teams
- Manage stakeholders aligned to customer experience objectives e.g. customer journeys team
- Research of UX/UI, user-centred design and interaction design trends
- User Experience design, wireframes and scamps
- Customer Experience planning for discovery phases
- Delivering marked up designs and wireframes directly to software engineers
- Experience in SCRUM and Agile practices
- Ability to work on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills – with the ability to articulate technical issues in a straightforward manner
- Passionate about best practice and latest Digital CX innovations and theory
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adaptive, ensuring that individual and organisational needs are taken into account
- Solutions and outcomes focussed whilst incorporating innovation and creativity
- Experience of working with external agencies and in-house/off-shore developers
- Indesign or Sketch
- Web analytics programmes
- Web content management systems
- Knowledge accessibility standards
- Basic HTML - desirable
This is a brilliant opportunity to design customer interactions that deliver a highly engaging, customer driven experience on the Thames Water website. We are challenging the traditional view of utility and stand out from the crowd. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing digital team that will challenge the traditional view of utility and lead Thames Water to deliver an excellent digital experience for customers and support our brand purpose.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.