University Grants Administrator
|Job Title:||University Grants Administrator|
|Salary:||£18 - £20 per hour, Benefits: 41 days Holiday(Pro Rata)|
|Start Date:||2019-04-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Imran Makda|
|Job Published:||April 29, 2019 09:49|
Salary: £18-£20 per hour
Location: Central London
Hours: Full time
Duration: 2 Months
Purpose of the role:
To provide a comprehensive and high quality post- award management support service to the academic community and research funders. The department has around 6,500 active research awards and contracts with annual income of circa £477m. Research grant income is the largest single source of funding for the university, comprising approximately 39% of the universities annual income.
- Responsible for the post-award management of a portfolio of research awards for a wide range of funding bodies ensuring they are administered in accordance with the funder's terms and conditions, policies and procedures and financial budgets.
- Provide expertise, guidance and support to Principal Investigators, project managers, research finance staff and researchers to assist them with the post-award administration and project management of their research grants and contracts
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation, reconciliation and submission of expenditure statements and invoices to funding bodies in accordance with their terms and conditions [eligibility of costs, treatment of VAT, procurement etc.] and within the funder's stated deadlines to maximise the universities cash flow.
- Cost and financially approve studentships and tuition fees funded by research awards, ensuring that sufficient funds and project duration are available.
- Experience working in Post Award administration with a sound knowledge of the lifecycle of research projects from start-to-end.
- Experience dealing with Grants and budgets
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or relevant work experience within a HE or a similar environment.
- Ability to undertake a wide variety of tasks, often with tight and conflicting deadlines, and under pressure
- Excellent data analysis and reconciliation skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's