Research and Grants Administrator
|Job Title:||Research and Grants Administrator|
|Salary:||£18 - £20 per hour, Benefits: 41 days Holiday(Pro Rata)|
|Start Date:||2019-07-08 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Imran Makda|
|Job Published:||July 01, 2019 12:40|
Salary: £18-£20 per hour
Location: Central London
Hours: Full time
Duration: 2 Months
Purpose of the role:
- To support the Line Manager in maintaining a transparent research administration service for the centre; to identify and promote new systems/processes for improvement.
- To provide research financial advice and support to centre staff in the application to funding bodies, setting-up and running of grants.
- Costing of grant and other research project applications using the Research Management system
- The post is responsible for effectively and pro-actively supporting the Line Manager in managing a portfolio of research projects.
- Organise the provision of financial data to inform costings for funding and proposals.
- Manage the department’s portfolio of grants and contracts, and be responsible for monitoring expenditure against grant budget, and alerting Line Manager and other senior staff, as appropriate, of potential under- or over-spends
- Assist in the reporting on financial data for requirements of different funders.
- Reconcile research grant accounts
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation, reconciliation and submission of expenditure statements and invoices to funding bodies in accordance with their terms and conditions [eligibility of costs, treatment of VAT, procurement etc.] and within the funder's stated deadlines to maximise the universities cash flow.
- Experience working in grants and Reasearch administration with a sound knowledge of the lifecycle within the university
- Manage and implement systems for filing of financial records in relevant folders, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies and queries arising on accounts, involving liaison within the university financial systems, departments, outside suppliers and other institutions.
- Experience dealing with Grants and budgets
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or relevant work experience within a HE or a similar environment.
- Ability to undertake a wide variety of tasks, often with tight and conflicting deadlines, and under pressure
- Excellent data analysis and reconciliation skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's