|Salary||£20400 - £27600 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
The role of this site operator is to perform a range of activities to ensure that all equipment associated with our wastewater treatment works is running safely and efficiently and to assist the technicians with their technical duties.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning mechanical equipment, sample testing, routine checks, taking chemical deliveries, maintenance and problem solving.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and inspecting equipment, following a checklist to carry out planned preventative maintenance, whilst ensuring the equipment is working by doing a test run.
- You will be required to report any defective equipment, to ensure a swift resolution following any breakdowns, whilst attempting a first-time fix.
- You will be expected to take ownership of your own and colleagues health and safety through escalating any concerns to your manager or resolving them yourself where possible and appropriate.
- This will involve making sure the work area and site is safe before commencing any work by undertaking a point of work risk assessment.
- You will be expected to attend all team meetings, and engage with safety briefings and company communications, identifying issues and raising constructive feedback with the management team, with suggestions for improvements.
- Do you have similar experience working in an outside, manual role?
- We are looking for someone who wants to get stuck in.
- You will have basic literacy and numeracy skills and must be prepared to be trained in safety procedures.
- Some computer data input /enquiry experience is desirable however not essential.
- You will be team player and must be passionate about your own personal development and keen to learn a new industry.
- Due to the nature of the role a full, valid UK driving licence is required.
Working across the whole site or a range of sites in a very interesting environment, with no one day being the same, this varied role boasts about its great family feel team where you will never be short of support.
You will receive competitive benefits as well as full training for health and safety, technical and processes related to the plant.
This is a perfect development opportunity to gain further insight into the Water industry and our ever evolving organisation.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a generous holiday allowance (which increases to 30 days with length of service), and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.