|Job Title:||Transport Planner|
|Salary:||£26000 - £29000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-23 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Rene Ford|
|Job Published:||January 23, 2019 12:48|
Remuneration: Up to £28,000 (depending experience)
A fantastic opportunity for a Transport Planner to join a fast paced 3PL provider based in Purfleet.
The salary on offer is up to £28,000 depending on experience.
As Transport Planner you will become a key member of the planning team and be responsible for planning round trip trailers and arranging import part and full loads. You will ensure that customers' requirements for safe and efficient transport of their cargo, in accordance with operational procedures, statutory requirements and Health and Safety, are met.
This is a dynamic, fast paced role where you will have some administrative tasks and liaise with other local sites and overseas partners. You will work to ensure the control of the company's fleet and round trip trailers (both in the UK and abroad), and that they are utilised cost effectively.
This role requires quick thinking and the ability to provide alternative solutions to challenges.
• Trailer planning of groupage, part loads and full loads
• Ensuring cost effectiveness
• Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating
• Reporting discrepancies
• Issue resolution
• Ensure legislative compliance
• Perform and implement general administrative tasks
• Maintain awareness of and follow customs regulations
• Arrange (with approved hauliers) for cargo transport, confirm availability of equipment, and agree prices where no tariff exists.
To be considered you must have a minimum of 2 years' transport planning experience, ideally gained within a fast paced, logistics provider.
• Comprehensive knowledge of transport legislation and customs requirements
• Knowledge of the road freight industry
• Trailer planning experience
• A driven transport professional with the ability work under pressure
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £28,000 depending experience
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding logistics service provider.
Based in Purfleet the role is commutable from:
• South Ockendon
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's