|Job Title:||Transport Planner|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: pension, bonus, healthcare|
|Start Date:||2019-01-07 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Michael Power|
|Job Published:||April 11, 2019 16:59|
We are looking for a Transport Planner for our London office to join our team engaged in all aspects of transport planning, traffic and transportation engineering. Our work includes the preparation of Transport Assessments for new developments, advising on the transport aspects of development master planning, urban regeneration projects and the production of Travel Plans. The successful candidate will assist the team in analysing difficult highway/transport issues that deliver innovative and cost effective transport planning solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. You will be expected to help manage our relationships with clients, council officers and other professionals to ensure delivery of demanding projects.
As your career evolves with us, you will start to manage smaller individual projects and provide professional and technical support to the directors and other senior staff engaged in larger projects. You should have experience in analysing data using Excel as well as in various transportation software packages. As part of your input to the team and projects, you will attend meetings with senior staff and directors, assist in the preparation of presentation material and content, attend public consultation events and be confident to undertake site visits. You will assist in the preparation of the necessary technical information and results for the production of reports and documents.
• Providing technical support and assistance to senior staff and directors
• Liaison with the client and project teams
• Assistance in the preparation of technical reports to support planning applications
• Assistance in the preparation of diagrams and preliminary design drawings
• Understanding of the need to manage projects on budget
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Understanding of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, and an understanding of planning and transport policy as applied to development proposals.
• Experience of using relevant software e.g. Excel, Word, TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY, AutoCAD
• Knowledge of the relevant highway standards, including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and the Manual for Streets;
• Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required; and
• The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (both written and orally).
• Applicants should be computer literate and have a good knowledge of Transport Assessments and traffic modelling programs.
SALARY & PACKAGE
Expected salary is £30,000 - £35,000 dependent on level of experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£22000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, competitive salary, pension
Senior Transport Planner
£18.86 per hour
£30000 - £40000 per annum
£25000 - £30000 per annum
Graduate Town Planner
£19000 - £22000 per annum