|Job Title:||Transport Coordinator|
|Start Date:||2019-05-28 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jeanne Woodford|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2019 09:20|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Transport Coordinator to organise and coordinate all aspects of the transport function within the depot, providing key support to the Depot Manager. This will involve a variety of tasks, focussing on delivery, collections and fuel scheduling, booking external haulage including purchase order arrangement, staff management and training, maintaining product knowledge and arranging for the upkeep of all vehicles.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, 21 days holiday rising to 26 days after 1 year plus bank holidays, bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
- Scheduling of all deliveries/collections/fuel
- Deal with day to day issues raising concerns
- Book relevant external haulage as and when required
- Raise and send purchase orders for external haulage used
- Ensuring PDAs are being used correctly and also ensure systems are utilised.
- Complete Monthly Tool Box talk in the presence of all drivers and depot manager
- Responsible for up keep of all vehicles
- Act as on call coordinator on a rota basis
- Willing to complete any deliveries/collections as and when required
- Wearing full uniform and PPE at all times
- Maintaining knowledge of the group’s equipment for hire/sale and activities
- Conducting additional ad hoc duties as may be required
- Supporting and communicating effectively with the depot team
- Experience from an operational role within Logistics or Transportation.
You will be the face of logistical organisation within the store; the go-to player to resolve transport issues and stock management.
Your critical attention to detail and confidence to take the lead to tackle problems will be the key attributes to your success!About the company
Speedy Services is the UK’s leading service provider offering equipment for both hire and sales and associated services to construction, infrastructure, industrial and related industries.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's