|Job Title:||Training Manager|
|Start Date:||2019-09-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Pass|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2019 10:38|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Training Manager to join the Sodexo Sports & Leisure team at Ascot Racecourse. As a result of growth in our business, this new role offers the successful candidate the challenge of striving for service excellence, to ensure continued success in developing our people. As our Training Manager, you will have responsibility for developing the training strategy, driving the training and development provision for all 1711 by Ascot staff through the Ascot Academy and on-line portals, writing appropriate training programmes, working with external providers and delivering material across our casual and full-time talent pool.
In 2017, Sodexo were proud to cement our long-standing partnership with Ascot Racecourse, through the creation of the 1711 by Ascot brand, representing our joint venture. 1711 by Ascot is responsible for delivering high level food and beverage service for all conference and banqueting events and our renowned annual Racing Calendar, which includes the prestigious Royal Ascot. Our Raceday food and beverage provision includes Retail Bars, Food units, Restaurants, Corporate Boxes, Fine Dining Hospitality and working in collaboration with approved Concessionaires.
The Sodexo heritage is built on our reputation to deliver exceptional food and service and for over 40 years, we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor attractions, historic venues, major events and airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much moreMain responsibilities
As Training Manager, you will be a pivotal part of the HR function, with one direct report, supported by the Head of People Operations, a pool of casual trainers and our central L&D function.
Your key priorities will be to:
- Support the on-boarding and induction of a large, transient pool of casual staff required to deliver food and beverage service during our 26 racedays and conference & events business, through the Ascot Academy
- Ensure all the 1711 by Ascot team complete on-line training to enable them to deliver an exceptional level of service
- Design and develop new initiatives aligned to the business strategy to raise standards of service
- Manage the delivery of training and development activities, working closely with operational teams to drive continuous improvement
- Support the Head of People Operations in developing the people strategy for the venue, and work in partnership to communicate this to our Client
- Regularly review and update the Ascot Academy classroom and e-learning training offer based on learning and development needs you have identified.
- Work collaboratively with our Health and Safety Manager to ensure compliance with appropriate legislation
- Maintain accurate records, produce reports and complete audits when necessary
- Work within budgets, to liaise with external suppliers to deliver any relevant brand, skills or product training
- Support continuous professional development of the permanent 1711 by Ascot team
- Support the Racecourse Employee Engagement initiatives
The role also involves working with the wider Sodexo HR and Learning and Development team to review training programs and share best practice. This is an autonomous and varied role, suitable for people that have a passion for service excellence, people development and hospitality.
The role will be based at Ascot Racecourse, although there will be some requirement to travel to other Sodexo sites from time to time.Ideal candidate
To succeed in the role, you will have:
- a minimum of two years’ experience in design and delivery of training material
- a confident presentation style and be able to deliver to large groups of people
- ability to communicate effectively with peers
- a proven ability to influence
- confident in the use of Microsoft programmes, including Excel & PowerPoint
- experience within a fast paced, leisure, hospitality, events or retail environment
- experience of managing budgets
- experience of managing and updating on-line learning portals, such as FLOW
- experience of driving employee recognition and engagement
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Customer Services Training and Quality Manager
£30000 - £32000 per annum
£30450 - £33735 per annum
Institute Admin Manager
£19.78 per hour
Temporary International Liaison Manager
HOURLY PAY RATE
School Business Manager - Hull
Kingston upon Hull
Paid to Grade Based on Experience