Job Title: Training Capability Integration Manager
Location: Andover, UK - Remote
Role ID: SF 48645Amplify your impact
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Training Capability Integration Manager.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibilityThe roleThe difference our new Training Capability Integration Manager will make
As a Training Capability Integration Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will help to integrate synthetic environments / simulations used for military training. Training Capability Integration includes identifying the training systems currently in use and future system/capability replacements to support a system of systems approach that will deliver the Future Collective Training System. This will include, but not limited to: hardware, software, lasers, receivers, networks, data and protocols.
Day to day, you'll provide technical expertise to the integrated solution e.g. how to integrate TES with CAVS, integration of different TES systems, integration of urban instrumentation with TES EXCON etc. You will also engage with customers and industry partners to understand project requirements, develop relationships and deliver requirements.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. While the role is centred in Andover, there are teams in different locations around the country and the role can be performed remotely with some travel.Essential experience
What we offerGenerous benefits including:
- Engineering degree or extensive experience with simulators and their management, use and development.
- Experience of delivering synthetic training using simulators
- Experience of receiving and delivering Army Collective Training
- Experience of leading and managing a small team
- Commercial experience and managing a profit and loss account
- Experience of delivering bids to the MOD
- Hands-on technical experience.
- SC Clearance
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Curriculum, CSR, Instrumentation, Engineer, Education, Management, Engineering