Job Title: Trainer - Weapons
Location: Lyneham, UK - Onsite
Compensation: Attractive Salary + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF48261Amplify your impact
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Trainer - Weapons at Lyneham.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Trainer - Weapons role is based within our Defence Training business area.The roleThe difference our new Trainer - Weapons will make
As a Trainer - Weapons, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be working within the existing training team and delivering high quality military apprentice training.
Day to day, you will be carrying out engineering work on weapons which will include stripping, assembling and diagnosing faults as well as maintenance of weapons. As part of the role you will be given teacher training and will gain a level 4 certification.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is based on-site at Lyneham.Essential experience:
What we offer
- Level 3 engineering qualification or significant experience as a weapons engineer
- Considerable experience in engineering - good craft/technical skills
- PC literate with PowerPoint and Word
- You must hold or have ability to obtain BPSS security clearance
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme with life assurance
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious
; be courageous
; think: outcomes
; and be kind
. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.#LI-POSTJob Segment:
CSR, Curriculum, Engineer, Training, Management, Education, Engineering