Breathing Apparatus Trainer Location:
London, Park Royal or BecktonCompensation:
£38,500 - £40,000Role Type:
Full time / Permanent Role ID:
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Breathing Apparatus Trainer at one of our London sites.The role
As a Breathing Apparatus Trainer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. It will provide opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for delivering and assessing a variety of courses for the London Fire Brigade. These courses are core to the role of a firefighter. You will be delivering courses that looks at modern day firefighting techniques, in a variety of scenarios that will mean every operational firefighter will have the knowledge and skills to attend dynamic incidents safely.
While the main requirement is to deliver our 2-day refresher courses you will also deliver 1 and 3 day courses to specialist extended duration breathing apparatus wearers. There is also the possibility that you will deliver crucial training on the fire fighter development courses, training London's future FF's All our trainers deliver at our 2 London based venues Park Royal in the west and Beckton in the east.
Qualifications for the Breathing Apparatus Trainer,
- Deliver training courses and conduct feedback to a professional and consistent standard in accordance with LFB requirements.
- Maintain own subject and professional competence in accordance with organisational requirements
- Pilot new initiatives in training when required
- Accurate completion and prompt submission of all relevant course documentation
- Essential experience of the Breathing Apparatus Trainer,
- Experience of teaching, coaching, assessing and/or presenting to groups of adults preferable but not essential.
- Fire related background/ experience would be a distinct advantage.
- People who are passionate, adaptable, and engaging
If non fire related background ideally you will be a trainer with an Assessing and Training Qualification at Level 3 or above (not essential as this can be obtained through the company)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 19/06/23Job Segment:
Training, CSR, Curriculum, Education, Management