- Job Reference: 00018556-1
- Date Posted: 5 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Rothersthorpe, Northamptonshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
There’s nothing better than knowing you are part of a team that has made something perfect for someone. At Bloor Homes all our Trainee Surveyors are an integral part of our business – whilst structured learning is key, you will have the opportunity to get stuck in and show us what you’re made of from the start. We will encourage you to grow and you can look forward to full support to study for professional qualifications alongside a generous starting salary.
We are recruiting for a Trainee Surveyor to join our South Midlands Regional Office. As a Trainee Surveyor you will be embarking on a bright future with a large family-run business that genuinely cares about its team. With your drive and commitment to succeed, we’ll show you the ropes with high-quality training and support to gain those vital qualifications. You’ll work with our team of experienced Surveyors, learning how to manage the costs of a project from initial estimates through to the final acquisition of materials. No two days are the same, join Bloor Homes and you’ll be part of a business that will value you, your contribution and your ideas. We are committed to investing in your future as you contribute to the success of ours.
* Carrying out site measures in liaison with the Surveyor.
* Carrying out drawing take-offs and producing labour only rates in liaison with the Surveyor, including maintaining the databases and distributing information.
* Checking SMAS database in liaison with the Surveyor.
* Updating SWMP Carriers Matrix including updating Licence Numbers and expiry dates and issuing to site as necessary in liaison with the Surveyor.
* Assisting the Surveyor in pricing of non-standard client extras, updating of the Cost of Sales in the Viability Manager and with the production of H & S packs for Housing Association plots.
* Assisting the Surveyor with the production of information for Code for Sustainable Homes.
* Assisting in the production of the Group Rebate Form.
* Assisting the Surveyor/Construction Director in updating build completion dates in Eque2 as necessary.
* Paying designated invoices and applications in line with Authorisation Levels and Commercial Procedures.
* Site booking in administration, including liaison with the Site Surveyor and Payroll, checking rates and record bookings etc.
* Paying designated utility bills including liaison with sales and utility company to ensure readings are correct.
* Making general material enquiries and assisting the Surveyor with material procurement and reporting as necessary.
* Producing a Sub-contract / Material Supplier database and update as necessary.
* Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
* Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
* Maintaining all health and safety aspects associated with Covid-19.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
* Must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
* Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
* Good negotiating skills with excellent time management skills.
* Computer literate.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Willingness to learn.
* Industry recognised qualification
* Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
* 33 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays)
* Group Staff Discount at Triumph Motorcycles ltd.
* Competitive discount on our homes (dependent upon the property and location)
* Discounted rates on building materials, home items and media packages from our suppliers
If you feel this vacancy could be your new career path, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV