If you're looking for a career change, here's a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your future as a fully qualified large goods vehicle driver, working for the largest family-owned waste management company in the UK. In return for your hard work in a physically demanding role, you'll earn a competitive salary, fully funded continued CPC training held on a working day, plus attractive benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Trainee LGV Driver role
You'll join our Ewelme depot where you'll learn to drive and operate a variety of vehicles, including waste wheelers, front end loaders and roll on, roll offs. Subject to satisfactory progress, we'll register you for LGV training, which will include attending training days and tests.
We have a brilliant Transport Training team at Grundon with a wealth of knowledge and experience, and they will be there to support, guide and build your confidence along the way. You'll learn the rounds as a mate and go out with experienced drivers on your journey to becoming a safe, careful and compliant LGV driver with a great future ahead of you!
Please note: A basic English and maths skills test and a practical driving assessment form part of the interview process
What we're looking for in our Trainee LGV Driver
- To apply, you must have had a full car driving licence for at least 6 months
- An appetite to learn
- The ability to take instruction and constructive criticism
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A ‘can do’ attitude and positive outlook on work
- An understanding of the importance of brilliant customer service and the ability to demonstrate it in all that you do.
What are the working hours?
You must be happy with early morning starts as you'll be working from 4.30am to 2pm Monday to Friday, plus alternate Saturday mornings from 4.30am to 9am - 44.75 hours per week.
Interested? If you have drive and commitment and want a job you can see a future in, working for a friendly and fast-growing business, then why not join the Grundon success story? Click apply!