Trainee Finance Assistant
- Job Reference: 00027795-1
- Date Posted: 18 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting, Banking & Financial Services, Insurance & Superannuation, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Trainee Finance Assistant
Salary - £19,427.20
Hours - 40 hours per week (core hours 10.00am-16.00pm)
Based in Dunstable, LU5 6GJ. Working from home during Covid-19
This is a fantastic Trainee opportunity to join a leading highways maintenance contract in Houghton Regis, Dunstable. The Trainee Finance Assistant will join a wider financial team responsible for assisting the Financial Controller in the delivery and governance of finance services. They will assist in the management of the day to day AP processes, ensure invoices are cleared in a timely manner and liaise with suppliers to resolve outstanding issues, and monitor un-matched invoices. The position does allow for day release for extra financial studies. The successful candidate will have previous experience in Accounts Payable and have excellent communication skills with an eye for detail.
The successful candidate will have;
- Previous experience in a similar financial role
- Previous experience of accounts payable processes and procedures
- Proficient experience in data entry and data management
- Proficient experience using accounts payable systems (e.g. Dynamics)
- Proficient user of MS Office such as Outlook, Excel (Advanced) etc
You would be responsible for;
- Receiving and verifying invoices for goods and services ensuring compliance
- Matching and processing invoices, then inputting into the financial systems
- Resolving any invoice discrepancies
- Processing expenses claims
- Preparation of supplier account reconciliations
- Maintaining accounts payable including monitoring of unmatched invoices, GRNS etc.
- Assisting in end of month/year processes including preparation of reports
- Assist with other financial administrative task if required for example payroll processing, recording and payment of subcontractor liabilities/applications
Please be wary that this position will start on 4 January 2021 (and no sooner) with interviews commencing from 16 November and a decision made before the start of December.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
Omni RMS is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy