Trainee Electroplating Plant Operator
- Job Reference: 00023672-1
- Date Posted: 17 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Birchills, West Midlands
- Salary: £8.72 Per Hour
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Trainee Electroplating Plant Operator, Effluent Controller and Plant Loader.
The company we are recruiting for operates a shift system that operates 12 hour shifts on a 4 on 4 off basis. Days and nights that will include some weekend working. You need not apply if this is not suitable for you.
The role is physically demanding.
Rates of pay are dependent on age and experience. A trial period of 3 months will be based on the National Living Wage depending on age.
Interviews will be held on Friday 18th September 2020 and successful candidates will be invited to commence training the following week. If you are unable to attend on this day, please do not apply.
About the Job – Reporting to the shift supervisor or Production Manager
• Monitor a variety of plating processes, make adjustments in amperages and plating time.
• Perform preventative maintenance on a plating machine.
• Work with and support process engineering toward developing plating improvements
• Support production team efforts in meeting productivity and objectives.
• Ensure that procedures relating to job safety and process control are followed.
• Make chemical additions and make-ups under the control of the technical department.
• Handle and process all types of customer parts.
• Observe all COSHH requirements and observe PPE requirements.
• Responsible for quality and quantity of work produced.
• Responsible for a neat and tidy work area.
• Perform quality checks in line with customer specifications
• Operate and maintain plating machine in proper condition with a constant eye on improvements.
• Increasing responsibilities with experience.
• Must be willing and able to accept ongoing training and be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
• Previous chemical and or plating experience is preferred but not essential.
Good work record is essential.
• Must have good transport links to WS2 area of Walsall.
• Must be prepared to work on a rotating shift pattern including nights.
• Some weekend work will be required.
• The role becomes permanent after successfully completing a 3 month trial period.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
For the Health and Safety of our staff we are operating a social distancing policy throughout our factory. We supply all necessary PPE and have hand sanitiser stations on the shop floor. Daily temperature checks are also taken