Trainee Development Officer (Project Management) - Bristol, Avon and Bristol
|Job Title:||Trainee Development Officer (Project Management) - Bristol, Avon and Bristol|
|Location:||Bristol, Avon and Bristol|
|Start Date:||2019-08-06 00:00:00.0|
|Contact Name:||Stewart Hastie|
|Job Published:||September 05, 2019 10:01|
Bristol Housing Partnership (BHP) is a strategic partnership between housing associations and Bristol City Council (BCC), committed to working with each other and with key partners to make Bristol an even better place to live. The Partnership’s ambition is to reduce homelessness, support people to live independent and fulfilling lives, improve local communities and build the homes the people of Bristol need.
Currently, there are 14 housing associations within the BHP: Alliance Homes, Aster Group, Bromford, Brunelcare, Curo, Elim Housing, The Guinness Partnership, Habinteg, LiveWest, Solon, Sovereign, Stonewater, United Communities, Yarlington Housing Group.
The BHP Academy
The BHP Academy is a pilot training and employment initiative developed by the members of the Partnership and BCC. It’s aimed at university and sixth form college graduates and offers a great opportunity to learn new skills that are in high demand, while earning an attractive salary.
The Academy’s purpose is to recruit capable individuals into the housing sector at entry level and provide a high-quality intensive training and development programme. The programme is aimed at upskilling individuals to address the skills shortage within the industry and will incorporate a combination of classroom training in conjunction with ‘on the job’ work experience within the group of housing associations.
What’s the role of the Trainee Development Officer (Project Manager)?
It's an on the job training programme aimied at developing your skills to work towards being a successful Project Manager. Support with appraising, presenting and delivering development opportunities in line with business assumptions and affordable housing development strategy.
- 6-month specialist training programme and on the job learning, including one full day of training per week
- 6-month post training support and on the job learning, including individual and group monthly coaching sessions
- 12-month on the job work experience and learning, working alongside an established Affordable Housing Development Team
What will I have to do? I will…
- Commit to undertaking the relevant training programme provided
- Collate information and prepare documentation outlining proposed schemes, incorporate feedback, revising proposals as necessary
- Support my team to present proposals at meetings to the sales and lettings teams for internal scheme assessment
- Develop and maintain effective electronic and paper filing systems and ensure audit files are populated with accurate and relevant information
- Raise scheme purchase orders, coordinate and process invoices, building contract certificates and scheme valuation payments
- Understand how to prepare legal and contractual documents for signing in accordance with procedures and standing orders
- Take personal responsibility for the health and safety of myself and others by working within Health and Safety policy and procedures at all times
- Support the team to compile grant information.
What will I have to do after training? I will…
- Work with my line manager to pro-actively contact existing developers, known land owners and partner planning authorities to identify new development projects and agree terms within set parameters
- Liaise with colleagues, partner organisations and local authorities to prepare bids for grant funding
- Be able to undertake Project Appraisals, including financial assessments for new schemes and development opportunities, assessing quality, risk and value for money ready for sign off
- Work with my line manager to liaise with solicitors to discuss contracts once head of terms have been agreed
- Support the team to coordinate the monitoring and reporting of the Development Programme, ensuring information is provided accurately and on time for reporting to the Executive and Boards as relevant.
What do I need to be successful? I will…
- Be qualified to A level or equivalent and/or hold a relevant professional experience
- Demonstrate the ability to use Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Demonstrate a level understanding of the planning system
- Demonstrate the ability to follow process and procedures
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse and interpret financial information
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of team and on my own initiative, be organised and methodical managing my own time effectively and prioritising a varied workload
- Hold full driving licence and have access to transport.
How will I evidence my success? I will…
- Get feedback from customers, peers and my line manager about my effectiveness in growing the business, as well as how services are delivered
- Support projects to start on site on time, on budget and to agreed quality standards
- Demonstrate the service improvements I have delivered with tangible results that show success against targets
- Evidence that the company is fully compliant with legislative obligations e.g. Health & Safety requirements
- Demonstrate my active participation in company life.
Shortlisted candidates must be available for an Assessment Day which will take place on Friday 30 August in Bath.
This is an exciting time to join Bromford; Glassdoor has named us as a top 5 best place to work in the UK for 2019 and we’ve merged with Merlin Housing and Severn Vale to create a new Bromford, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
Our colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. We will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us which must cover the last two years. In addition to this, all employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Maintenance engineering and warehousing
19000 - 28000
Test and Run Technician
Structural BIM Lead
£35000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: 5% Pension, 25 days Holiday
£35000 - £43000 per annum
£28000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: pension, 25 days holiday, bonus, flexible working