|Job Title:||Trailer Operator|
|Start Date:||2019-03-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kay Sproulle|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2019 14:57|
ALE provide bespoke transport, lifting and installation solutions based upon each client's needs. As a modular trailer operator (primarily Goldhofer) you will be at the forefront of these operations, you will therefore be committed to carrying out all of your duties in a safe, responsible and efficient manner. Your primary role will be to move large heavy items and structures and prepare for lifting. As part of this role you will operate a Fork Lift and a Cherry Picker. The ability to work at height safely is an important feature of this role.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in operating, driving, loading, offloading and mobilizing all types of hydraulic trailers and heavy vehicles. Whilst prior experience is an advantage, full training will be given prior to the use of any of this equipment.
No two projects are the same, and project sites will be at a number of destinations both nationally and internationally. If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.Package description
Competitive rates packageMain responsibilities
- Drive, load / offload, mobilise and operation of trailers and specialised ALE transport equipment (eg. SPT / Modular trailers)
- Operation of other hydraulic equipment
- Installation and fitting of steel structures
- Rigging – using hoists, cranes, lifting gear, pulleys and jacks to lift and move items.
- Operation of fork lift truck and telehandler
- Working at height and operation of cherry picker (mobile elevated work platform)
- General maintenance of equipment
- Liaise on a daily basis with supervisor, operations manager and / or line manager.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with legal, company and client regulations.
- To use and maintain all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), reporting any defects to your supervisor
- Complete daily checks of all plant equipment in your care and report defects
- Promote and ensure good housekeeping is practiced at all times.
- To follow the correct procedure to report details of any accident, incident or nonconformity and to participate in the investigation.
- To promote and participate in all Health, Safety, Quality and Environment and training initiatives, such as SSOT.
- Qualified Fork Lift operator
- Relevant Working at Height qualifications
- Heavy vehicle operation / license
- Cherry picker (MEWP) license
- Rigging, Slinger-signaller or Lifting Operations
- Standard industry health and safety requirements
- Operation and maintenance of modular trailers, including SPT
- Fork lift operation on a busy site or yard
- Working at height
- Previous experience working with hydraulic and / or mechanical equipment
- Operation and maintenance of heavy / abnormal trucks
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The ability to plan, organize and work efficiently under pressure
- Competent English speaker
- Clear understanding of the relevant equipment and its use
- Operation of driving and maintaining heavy / abnormal vehicles
- Fluent English written and spoken
- Good communicator – able to give clear concise instructions to operational personnel
- Able to work as part of a team and assist in all job requirements
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Willing to travel and work nationally and internationally for extensive periods
- International driving licence
- Fit and healthy and able to undergo a medical examination.
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in more than 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £9.78 per hour + attendance bonus
HGV1 Drivers Required
£12.55 - £18.00 per hour, Benefits: + Holiday pay for all PAYE drivers
3.5 tonne Delivery Driver/C+E licence
£20000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: Overtime, free parking
Class 1 Driver
£10 - £14 per hour
Class 1 Driver
£10 - £14 per hour