- Job Reference: 00020355-1
- Date Posted: 3 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Carluke, Lanarkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent, Temporary
Following an increase in activity, we are looking to strengthen our team with the appointment of an injection moulding Toolmaker in our plastics manufacturing facility based in Carluke. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company under a new management making significant investment for future growth.
Duties includes but not limited to:
* To maintain/ repair and modify production plastic injection mould tools in accordance with company guidelines.
* Manufacture new injection mould tools, jigs and fixtures from technical drawings to a high standard in a cost efficient and timely manner.
* To problem solve moulding related tooling issues and make improvements to allow tool functionality or improve process issues.
* To safely use and maintain all tool room equipment used in accordance with current Health and Safety legislation and company guidelines.
* To maintain and check equipment is to a satisfactory Health & Safety standard.
* Comply fully with all current health & safety regulations in operation within the company whilst carrying out your duties.
* To work as a team to fully assist all functions within the facility, for instant taking part in the cleaning, packing, and sorting of products, part batching when necessary.
* Sharing and imparting knowledge and cross training where and when required.
The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years’ experience in a busy injection moulding facility as a toolmaker. Have experience with interpreting technical mould tool and mechanical drawings, operate all standard toolroom machinery and have experience with various CNC machinery operation and programming, perform all aspects of plastic injection mould tool maintenance, repair and modifications, repair & replacement of inserts, manufacture jigs & fixtures, prototype tooling & parts and test fixtures to support the manufacturing processes.
We offer a competitive salary and for the right candidates a potential for career advancement in a dynamic and growing company.
COVID-19 considerations: We are following government guidelines to keep our employees safe.
Please note all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful