|Job Title:||Tool Grinder|
|Salary:||£22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sorcha Allen|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2019 16:14|
This role is critical to the manufacturing of machined polymer seals at Bridgwater. The role is shift based and the person appointed will be working opposite, but in conjunction with another and responsible for making and refurbishing production tooling from Tungsten Carbide and High-Speed Steel, using manual grinding and EDM machines, to production drawings.
Accuracy of parts made and refurbished is crucial to the manufacturing departments so the ability to read, interpret and make parts to manufacturing drawings is fundamental to the role. Stock control and inspection of tooling is integral to the role so the ability to use inspection equipment and have basic computer skills will be required.
The role involves liaising with different departments so good communication is imperative as is the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively through different formats and across a broad spectrum of personnel. To this end a good standard of written and spoken English is required; formal qualifications, whilst desirable, are not necessary to fulfil this role.
Training will be provided and may be in house, external or a combination of both so an ability and willingness to learn new skills is necessary; some training may involve nights away from home.
· Good dexterity, enabling you to handle small parts
· To observe good, and safe, working practices
· Ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings, a Keen eye for detail
· Able to identify and contribute to process improvements in the department
· Follow procedures or create procedures where they don't exist to enable process repeat ability
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· The Ideal candidate will have completed a recognised apprenticeship with specialist knowledge in EDM and metal/tool grinding processes
· WE WILL ALSO CONSIDER SOMEONE WITH;
· A fundamental understanding of engineering principles
· Experience in machining/grinding metal to fine tolerance; work holding etc
· Competent in using of a range of manual and optical (non-contact) inspection equipment such as Starrett
· Experience of using 4th shift and stock control methodology
· Set and operate EDM and manual grinding machines to make new and refurbish production and development tooling as required
· Make and refurbish tools to machine shop standards and in accordance with manufacturing drawings, liaise with manufacturing dept to ensure tooling standards are understood and maintained
· Complete inspection records and inspect parts in accordance with any relevant quality plans to ensure parts are "fit for purpose
· Maintain stock control and the supply of tools to production departments
· Liaise with department Supervision/ Purchasing Department for the supply and restock of tooling
· Use relevant and appropriate inspection equipment to determine conformance of parts to drawings and specifications
· Load material, always use and operate machinery in a safe manner and in accordance with company / manufacturer operating procedures
· Keep work area clean, tidy and orderly
· Prioritise work and multitask between EDM and manual grinder where appropriate to assist in department efficiency.
· Manage the consumables required for the department including the EDM and Grinding process (Wire, Water, Grinding wheels etc)
· Liaise with production planning with regards to tool design. Trial and Approve new programs.
· Perform regular Planned Maintenance tasks on the EDM machine and Grinders.
· Utilise the hatch for tooling interactions and supply to CNC operators.
If you feel you'd be right for this role, please apply directly via our website or call Sorcha Allen in our Bridgwater Branch.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£25000 - £32000 per annum
£25000 - £40000 per annum
£20000 - £29000 per annum
CNC Grinder (Nights)
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£25311 - £26576.55 per annum + OT + Pension