|Job Title:||THP Operator|
|Salary:||£22000 - £30600 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Millie Fogg|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2019 10:57|
This is a very hands-on role primarily responsible for:
- The operation of power generation plant and equipment.
- Sampling, testing and basic maintenance and fault-finding of the plant and equipment.
- The monitoring, collating and reporting of data to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance is met.
- Undertaking safety and security checks and housekeeping.
- Close communication and liaison with the wider site team and those working on the effluent process.
- Experience in a relevant power generation environment. Knowledge of the process industry plant such as pumps, gearboxes, dewatering presses, would be an advantage
- You must be prepared to be trained in safety procedures including Confined Space Entry and Boiler Operation Accreditation.
- You will have basic literacy and numeracy skills as well as the completion of NVQ level 2 units as a minimum
- Some computer data input or enquiry experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Please note, a full current driving license is essential for this role.
At Crossness Sewage Treatment Works an exciting opportunity has arisen for a THP Process Technician to operate and carry out front line maintenance on a Thermal Hydrolysis Plant (THP)
- This plant will operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- The plant includes THP, combined heat and power (CHP) units, steam boilers and associated plant, sludge dewatering plant, sludge digestion and biogas production.
- You will gather data and operate the plant in order to achieve and maintain this compliance.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to view our full list of Rewards and Benefits
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the worl
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£20400 - £23000 per annum
£9.20 - £10.00 per hour
£16575 per annum, Benefits: Free- parking onsite
£10.00 - £11 per hour
£9 - £10 per hour