- Job Reference: 00036876-1
- Date Posted: 2 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £9.77 to £10.77 Per Hour
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
Testing Assistants for Leicestershire Schools
Feb starts, short-term contracts available.
As a result of the roll-out of mass testing for COVID-19 in schools, we are recruiting for 'Testing Assistants' for our Mainstream Secondary School and Special Educational Need School Partners to provide assistance to those who are both able to self-swab and those who are unable to self-swab cheek samples to regularly test for the virus.
Full PPE and training will be provided for this role.
The role of a 'Testing Assistant' will be to:
· Be on hand to provide subject with guidance for self-administered swabbing if required
· Check test labelled correctly (including barcode secured)
· Direct subjects to exit
· Ensure subject drops off test kits with sample processor
For those students who require assistance with testing, additional duties will include:
· To collect samples from subjects
· Ensure these are labelled and processed correctly
Education & Experience
· Minimum GCSE - Maths & English
· Experience working in a clinical or healthcare setting with adults or children OR
· Experience within an education setting working with children with Special Educational Needs
· Swabbing experience preferred but no essential
· Patient, Empathic, Caring, Calm
· Ability to follow instructions
(Flexibility to commute would be of significant advantage)
At Celsian Education we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details. All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person (or on-line);
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
Successful applicants will be contacted during January and early February to discuss the next stage.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged