|Salary||£45000 - £55000 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
The purpose of the role is to lead and deliver test activity for infrastructure and application related change projects of varying size and scope within Thames Water.
The role is responsible for agreeing and co-ordinating Test activity for assigned Projects to meet schedule commitments and achieve required quality and compliance standards as set out within the Testing framework defined by Service Transition Testing Assurance, ensuring that project delivery achieves change management approval.
You will be working within the Service Transition Testing Assurance framework, operating with autonomy and planning own work to meet objectives and deliver within processes.
You will be influencing internal stakeholders, suppliers and partners within the assigned Project(s) and ensuring that testing activity required is executed within agreed deadlines.
You will be collaborating with Project team members, users and customers to ensure that testing needs are being met throughout.
You will be developing and maintaining broad business understanding and deep Business Change Management expertise, including knowledge of the activities and practices within Thames Water and those of suppliers, partners, competitors and clients. Taking the initiative to keep both own and function members skills up to date.
You will be maintaining a thorough understanding of Testing and recognised generic industry bodies of knowledge and applying that knowledge effectively in unfamiliar situations.
You will be maintaining an awareness of developing Testing practices and their application and taking responsibility for driving own development.
You will be communicating fluently, orally and in writing, and presenting complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You will be facilitating collaboration between stakeholders involved in the Test Lifecycle to achieve Testing objectives for assigned project(s).
You will be selecting appropriate standards, methods, tools and applications to achieve Testing objectives within assigned project(s).
You will have an understanding the importance of security to own work and seeking specialist security knowledge or advice when required to support own work.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Essentially, you will be qualified in computer science or a related subject area.
- You will have PRINCE 2 Foundation.
- You will have a strong track record of test delivery management experience across major projects within a multi-vendor ecosystem.
- You will demonstrable experience in test estimation, test planning, test management, test reporting, testing methods and test automation across a range of infrastructure and application related change programmes (eg new, replacement, retirement, upgrade).
- You will have an understanding of IT systems development methods, techniques and processes for Cloud, Web Services, Mid-range, Mainframe platforms and end user compute with experience in Waterfall, Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- You will have strong communication skills and will be working across resources from areas covering technical, project management, business, and internal and external service providers.
- We’re looking for someone with the ability to talk with authority on testing concepts and explaining them in way non-testers can understand.
- Desirable but not essential qualifications are ITIL v3 and formal training / certification in testing.
What’s in it for you:
You will be working in a fast, dynamic team with ample opportunity to make a difference. Co-ordinating test activity and provide essential and integral support in this challenging but rewarding area.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.