|Salary||£40000 - £45000 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
As the Test Assurance Lead, your role is responsible for the assurance and governance of all new or changed IT services (project and BAU) so they match the design specification and meet the business needs on behalf of Thames Water.
The Test Assurance function resides within the Service Transition function of Service Delivery within Thames Digital and governs all test activity against the Test Policy and test frameworks which the Test Assurance function own and maintain. You will provide advice and support to projects and BAU support teams on strategy development, definition of acceptance criteria, governance of testing approach, test planning and execution etc.
You will be a qualified quality assurance and testing lead with experience of working in a test service environment. It is essential that you have extensive knowledge of software testing methods and techniques for a broad range of integrated IT systems including cloud-based solutions, mainframe, functional and non-functional testing. Experience of traditional waterfall, agile and DevOps delivery methodologies will be very advantageous.
You will be an integral member of the team and will be encouraged to provide and suggest enhancements to processes and the Test Assurance service in general.
You will have knowledge of varied technology stacks including but not limited to SAP, Unix, Azure, AWS, Oracle, MS SQL.
This is a key role within our busy Service Transition Team and will involve you building relationships both within this team and other departments across our business.
As the Test Assurance Lead, your responsibilities will include:
- To support project/BAU delivery whilst minimising the risk of change to operations
- Ensure Test Assurance management processes are understood and followed
- Ensure that program level quality gates and checkpoints are defined/followed and any deviation on these are reported back
- Validation of key Test artefacts (Test Strategies, Plans, Approaches, Schedules, testing results, defects discovered and their status)
- Liaise with the Test Delivery practice on a regular basis to understand project scope and advise on test approach
- Ensure identification, mitigation and closure of product, operational and organisational risks
- Provide assurance and governance across all testing phases
- Stakeholder management at all levels
- Provide progress reports, including risk mitigation, as directed
- Carry out test & HPQC inductions
- Attend CAB to provide Test Assurance approval for change
- Direct the analysis of test evidence to confirm that established criteria have been met
- Provide SME demonstrable experience across all test disciplines such as planning, execution, performance, automation etc
- Continuous Service Improvement – Develop, make recommendations and own Test Assurance CSI activities to improve overall process delivery
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of previous service validation & testing experience with a solid understanding of Project Management principles - adhering to ITIL/ITSM standards whilst meeting the Customer needs
- Good technical knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems used within a corporate environment, along with development environments such as continuous delivery and DevOps
- Experience of working in a test assurance service & understanding of TMMI maturity levels
- Experience of working in a test team in a challenging environment undergoing transitional change
- Experience of using and optimising the use of test tools
- Knowledge of and working within an ISO9001 environment
- Experience of service test models
- Awareness of different types of Test Techniques
- Experience of Agile and Lean methodologies
- Experience of Service Now Service Management Tool – Desirable
- Experience of Cloud technologies and DevOps tooling (AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Git) - Desirable
As part of our exciting plans, the IT operations team structure is growing to strengthen and increase our in-house capability and capacity. The areas of expertise we’re looking for, are focused on the end to end service management of our IT services (using the ITIL V3 frame work).
This is a chance for you to work in our innovative creative office space where you will be able to visually demonstrate your skills, ideas and insights openly. This is a challenging role which requires you to help deliver the best next generation services to all our customers.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.